+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Refusal

Glory Ibeh

Jan 15, 2021
Hii,
I got admission for a 2years PGD and applied for study Visa but got denied. This was the response I got from IRCC:

"Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit"

In my application I included my travel history to the US on 4 different occasions but still this. Please how can I show stronger ties to my country? No I'm not married but I have 1sibling in the US and the other 2 of my siblings and my parents here in my country.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
You've given us very little information about you and your application to work with. Share more details so we can try to help you as much as possible.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
VO is in doubt that your real purpose is to study. This could be because your intended course does not match your previous education, or doesn't show logical career progression.

Share your education history, your intended program and which university you got admitted into.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hii,
I got admission for a 2years PGD and applied for study Visa but got denied. This was the response I got from IRCC:

"Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit"

In my application I included my travel history to the US on 4 different occasions but still this. Please how can I show stronger ties to my country? No I'm not married but I have 1sibling in the US and the other 2 of my siblings and my parents here in my country.
More proof of home ties + very detailed study plan = easy approval

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I agree; there is little information. Do you have any families or relatives in Canada?
Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence means VO is not satisfied on balance.

Not necessarily means there are family in Canada.

If OP has extensive immediate family in Canada then a lot of home ties should be presented and preference should be a different City than the one destined by their family ( same as my case where I got approved despite having well established family in Toronto having their own house , I chose Winnipeg to avoid refusal to offset the ties ).

Last edited:

Glory Ibeh

Jan 15, 2021
Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence means VO is not satisfied on balance.

If OP has extensive immediate family in Canada then a lot of home ties should be presented and preference should be a different City than the one destined by their family ( same as my case where I got approved despite having well established family in Toronto having their own house , I choose Winnipeg to avoid refusal to offset the ties ).
No I dont have any family in Canada. I have 2 siblings and my parents in my home country and I have 1 sibling in the US

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
No I dont have any family in Canada. I have 2 siblings and my parents in my home country and I have 1 sibling in the US
Then the VO is hinting regarding family ties ( socio economic status ) back home, should mention in detail in the LOE to overcome that.

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Who's your sponsor ?
Do you have any properties in your home country ?
What course do you intend studying?
Tell us more about yourself

Firdousbee

Dec 9, 2020
I need to get a student visa. How can I obtain a needed document from the institute?
HOW CAN I FIND OUT CORRECT INSTITUTE?

Glory Ibeh

Jan 15, 2021
VO is in doubt that your real purpose is to study. This could be because your intended course does not match your previous education, or doesn't show logical career progression.

Share your education history, your intended program and which university you got admitted into.
I studied Marketing as my 1st degree and I have worked as a Sales Manager for 3years. I gained admission for Supply Chain & Logistics Management as a 2years Pgd diploma.

Glory Ibeh

Jan 15, 2021
Who's your sponsor ?
Do you have any properties in your home country ?
What course do you intend studying?
Tell us more about yourself
My father is my sponsor.
No I dont have any property in my name at the moment.
Supply Chain Logistics and management

Glory Ibeh

Jan 15, 2021

If OP has extensive immediate family in Canada then a lot of home ties should be presented and preference should be a different City than the one destined by their family ( same as my case where I got approved despite having well established family in Toronto having their own house , I choose Winnipeg to avoid refusal to offset the ties ).
Okay thanks
Duely noted

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need to get a student visa. How can I obtain a needed document from the institute?
HOW CAN I FIND OUT CORRECT INSTITUTE?
You need to apply to a Canadian college or university first and get approved. Start researching programs and provinces. Google is your friend.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I studied Marketing as my 1st degree and I have worked as a Sales Manager for 3years. I gained admission for Supply Chain & Logistics Management as a 2years Pgd diploma.
What university or college are you enrolled at?

You've already got a Bachelor's degree and multiple years of experience as a Sales Manager. Doing a PGD (in a slightly different stream) does not seem to enrich your career after your experience.

I think you'll have a better chance at going for a Master's degree in a public university. If you don't want to change your program and/or school, perhaps put more effort into convincing VO (in your SOP/LOE) why you think this is the best course of action for you at this time.

All the best.