+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study VISA Refusal (Online)! Help Needed.

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
Hey guys,

Really upset.. I applied for my study permit on September 22nd.. and got my visa refusal today.. I applied online.. and the reason given to me is not being satisfied that i will return to my home country on the basis of:

- Travel history
- Purpose of visit
- Other reasons: Not a bonafide student and will not return to home country.

there are no other reasons given besides these.. I don't know what to do.. My classes start in jan 2017 at SFU in BC for a Pre-requisite program to a Master's degree later on.. I had a conditional offer letter for a master's program upon completion of the pre-requisite program of 4 months..

How do i fix travel history? how do i fix purpose of visit? I was very very detailed with my application and had attached all documents that were required.. including edu docs, work experience letter, ielts, police cert., aseets and income docs in detail, affidavits of support, Family tree nadra, etc. Also my LOE was also very clear describing my purpose of visit as studying.. and why this uni.. it was very clear..

I have done my BBA and the degree i want to pursue is Master of Digital Media.. its a very clear link with my studies and career as I was working in the digital field in advertising.. Help out guys please. Bank statment more than 1 year 70lacs Rs.

Can anyone help out? Should I re-apply? What should i add? when should i do it? sigh..

Thanks.

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
guys really need some help from the seniors or anyone has gone through the same refusal reasons.. really upset so please help!! :(

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makgunner said:
Hey guys,

Really upset.. I applied for my study permit on September 22nd.. and got my visa refusal today.. I applied online.. and the reason given to me is not being satisfied that i will return to my home country on the basis of:

- Travel history
- Purpose of visit

there are no other reasons given besides these.. I don't know what to do.. My classes start in jan 2017 at SFU in BC for a Pre-requisite program to a Master's degree later on.. I had a conditional offer letter for a master's program upon completion of the pre-requisite program of 4 months..

How do i fix travel history? how do i fix purpose of visit? I was very very detailed with my application and had attached all documents that were required.. including edu docs, work experience letter, ielts, police cert., aseets and income docs in detail, affidavits of support, Family tree nadra, etc. Also my LOE was also very clear describing my purpose of visit as studying.. and why this uni.. it was very clear..

I have done my BBA and the degree i want to pursue is Master of Digital Media.. its a very clear link with my studies and career as I was working in the digital field in advertising.. Help out guys please. Bank statment more than 1 year 70lacs Rs.

Can anyone help out? Should I re-apply? What should i add? when should i do it? sigh..

Thanks.
very sad news but i think you are from Pakistan as you stated nadra, it is very common for pakistani students don't worry, can you please share your complete profile and all reasons of refusal.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
They must have thought that you are not a Bonafide student because you didn't paid your tuition fees. When u apply second time, try to your tuition fees first and pass on fees receipt as well.
Travel history and purpose of visit is nonsense reason since CIC keeps that reason standard for every refusal letter. So don't worry. Your actual reason of rejection is the other reasons that they have stated.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makgunner said:
Hey guys,

- Travel history
- Purpose of visit

Thanks.
If your travel history looks suspicious, or you have over stayed your visa in any country then they will give you the "travel history" reason. The other reasons could be your actual enrollment in school which you can fix. But the travel history you can not change. Sorry to hear about this though.

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies..

aman666 said:
very sad news but i think you are from Pakistan as you stated nadra, it is very common for pakistani students don't worry, can you please share your complete profile and all reasons of refusal.
The reasons i mentioned above are the only reasons.. no other reasons given.. :S travel history.. purpose of visit.. and not a bonafide student..

My profile is:

BBA from FAST uni Islamabad: 2.81 CGPA
2.5 years of work experience in an advertising agency for Telenor
IELTS 7.5
Bank Statement 70 lacs
Travel history: Never overstayed my visa.. been two Dubai twice.. and Thailand once for work purposes.

What are you suggestions?

humdard said:
They must have thought that you are not a Bonafide student because you didn't paid your tuition fees. When u apply second time, try to your tuition fees first and pass on fees receipt as well.
Travel history and purpose of visit is nonsense reason since CIC keeps that reason standard for every refusal letter. So don't worry. Your actual reason of rejection is the other reasons that they have stated.
Bro then how to overcome bonafide student reason.. of course I am a student that is why I have acceptance letter.. I attached initial admission deposit receipt and housing rent deposit receipt as well.. I cannot pay the fees in full as it is around 70 lacs! and the uni told me you should come here and then pay.. after you get your visa and everything.

Alexand said:
If your travel history looks suspicious, or you have over stayed your visa in any country then they will give you the "travel history" reason. The other reasons could be your actual enrollment in school which you can fix. But the travel history you can not change. Sorry to hear about this though.
I have not over stayed any visa.. been to dubai in 2014 and then recently in 2016.. been to thailand for work purposes in jan 2016.. thats it.

Farko said:
Did u write a good/strong SOP(statement of purpose)
I think i wrote a very comprehensive and precise SOP explaining.. why canada.. why SFU univ.... why this program.. my background.. my future career plan.. how i want to go back to pakistan.. also explained how this degree will help me in my future career prospects

Thank you guys for all your replies.. if you all have any suggestions let me know.. I already got a letter from my Ex-employer stating that they are willing to consider me for hiring for a Digital project manager position in 2018 as soon as i graduate and return to Pakistan. but now i am thinking of not re-applying i dont know i am double minded.. the consultants i have met advised me not to re-apply as there are min. chances for my acceptance now.. they also told me that your history will have a second rejection of visa in it if you re-apply so that is not good..

What do you experts and senior members think? Help out.. damn i was really looking forward to this degree..

BR,
GUNNER

missrome

Sep 8, 2016
makgunner said:
Hey guys,

- Travel history
- Purpose of visit

Thanks.

HI I actually have the same visa refusal result as yours. But, based from the GMSC/ CAIPS NOTES I got.... I learned that on the travel history part.... I FAILED to include the rest of the pages of my passport. I only sent the BIO PAGE and the cover pages (back and fourth). That was the reason why I was denied for travel history reasons.

Since you are only taking the pre-requisites, it will not really give the VO an assurance that you will go back to your home country. Why don't you get the MASTER'S DEGREE instead. Or perhaps shift to other course related to your profession that does not need pre-requisites.

Reactions: Warda.akram

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
missrome said:
HI I actually have the same visa refusal result as yours. But, based from the GMSC/ CAIPS NOTES I got.... I learned that on the travel history part.... I FAILED to include the rest of the pages of my passport. I only sent the BIO PAGE and the cover pages (back and fourth). That was the reason why I was denied for travel history reasons.

Since you are only taking the pre-requisites, it will not really give the VO an assurance that you will go back to your home country. Why don't you get the MASTER'S DEGREE instead. Or perhaps shift to other course related to your profession that does not need pre-requisites.
I have included all the pages of my passport that includes bio page, cover pages, also rest of the pages which even had a single stamp on them.. i went to Dubai in February for three months on a three months visa.. would that be a reason? i came back before the visa expiry though.. :S

Also the university has recommended me to take the pre-req first as I need to get familiar with some softwares before i can proceed with my digital media masters program.. i cannot get into the masters program directly.. should i explain this in the Letter of Explanation?

the question is should i even try to re-apply again or is it a lost cause now..? Also my ex employer has given me an official letter stating that they are willing to consider to hiring me as a Digital strategy manager in 2018 once I am done with my Masters program and return to Pakistan.. is this something strong?

Regards,
G

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your profile looks fine, the only reason could be valid is, "there is no match between your previous education and prospective course".as you have experience in this field only professionally not academically, if you apply for work permit for job related to digital media then there is more posibility of getting visa but you are applying for study permit, VO has to considers your education history, they have to issue or reject visa on the basis of your past because there is no law to verify your future's commitments stated in SOP, etc

i suggest you to apply for gcms notes first to identify the reasons behind refusal

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
aman666 said:
your profile looks fine, the only reason could be valid is, "there is no match between your previous education and prospective course".as you have experience in this field only professionally not academically, if you apply for work permit for job related to digital media then there is more posibility of getting visa but you are applying for study permit, VO has to considers your education history, they have to issue or reject visa on the basis of your past because there is no law to verify your future's commitments stated in SOP, etc

i suggest you to apply for gcms notes first to identify the reasons behind refusal
Hello Aman! Thank you for this reply.. makes a lot of sense.. something I did not think about.. But once I applied to the uni... they clearly told me that they have students from business, computer, engineering backgrounds academically and it states the same on the FAQ on their website.. i am a business student.. Also they mentioned they prefer applicants with advertising background professionally.. which i also have..

Do you still think this could be one of the reasons of refusal.. would you think this is an unnatural progression for me as well, were you in his place..

Also if this was the reason then why would he not check mark this as a valid reason for the refusal as well.. The reason that your studies do not match was left unchecked.. ???

Thanks bro.
G

makgunner

Oct 3, 2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Bro have you applied for CAIPS notes?
Yes I have, but they say it may take up to 33 days to get those.. in the meanwhile I am applying for the US and Aus as well.. Do you have any suggestions?

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makgunner said:
Yes I have, but they say it may take up to 33 days to get those.. in the meanwhile I am applying for the US and Aus as well.. Do you have any suggestions?
The reasons for your refusal are the most common for Pakistanis ..
I havr some questions
1) Are you sure you have provided them with every single document? Like if there were any re-attempts you have not shown? Or any backlog etc?
2) Did you wrote any SOP? If yes what exactly you mentioned the reason that gurantees you will return to home Country? (If your father is a businessman I'd like to suggest you show proofs to them that you've to return back to manage it etc)
3) Did you provided the property papers if any? (If yes, thats good. If no, I'd say you better provide them if you apply next time as it shows your ties to home country)
4) With bank statement of 70lacs you mean the transactio s of 70lacs ? Or the amount your bank hold for a peculiar time. ( You have to show both for a strong case. Transactions and accumulated balance for four months but 6 months are better)

P.s Though, I believe if you fix your second and third reason I believe you will not be getting a refusal for travel history only.

About US I'd suggest you to go for a well known University as it matters for US study permit. It might not matters alot for Canadian study permit but its not the case fkr US.

Australian Study permit has always better chances than Canadian study permit. But are you in a rush to apply? Do you prefer Canada most or it doesnt matters? If it mattera I'd suggest you wait for CAIPS notes and apply accordingly.

If you have any desire for Citizenship of other country then opt Australia over US. But if you are not interested in Citizenship or you dont have plans to stay then definiately go for US.