+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa refusal: need help from senior members

Sabimadu

Jan 18, 2016
Hi,
My study visa to study International Business Management in Niagara college Canada was refused based on these reasons:
The visa officer said I was unable to satisfy him that I would return to my country Nigeria after my course due to these factors-
1. Travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Purpose of visit

I actually have ties in Canada in My Uncle who paid my tuition fee and who I expected to jointly cater to My need along with My dad. But how then is the family ties an issue especially in my country of residence it's pretty strange if you ask me.

Does my travel history really have anything to do with my intention to study in Canada? Because frankly I've not traveled outside My country before.

I want to suppose that my purpose of study will be clear when I produce an acceptance letter from the institution of study along with the receipt of payment. Sadly i provided these yet was denied the visa, or is there really any further evidence the visa officer will need to grant be a study permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To be approved for a study permit you must demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Family ties in Canada means that CIC is concerned you have strong family ties in Canada and may have plans to remain long term.

Travel history refusal reason means you haven't traveled outside of your home country and it therefore seems strange that you suddently want to come all the way to Canada to study. This increases concerns that your real intent is to remain in Canada long term.

Purpose of visit once again means that CIC has concerns you have plans to remain in Canada long term.

It sounds like you didn't provide sufficient evidence to show proof of ties to your home country. No - an acceptance letter and payment receipt is certainly not enough evidence.

hayqinsb

Jun 13, 2015
what did yu study in your undergraduate and do you have any gaps
have you been workig.
share your profile
Sabimadu said:
Hi,
My study visa to study International Business Management in Niagara college Canada was refused based on these reasons:
The visa officer said I was unable to satisfy him that I would return to my country Nigeria after my course due to these factors-
1. Travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Purpose of visit

I actually have ties in Canada in My Uncle who paid my tuition fee and who I expected to jointly cater to My need along with My dad. But how then is the family ties an issue especially in my country of residence it's pretty strange if you ask me.

Does my travel history really have anything to do with my intention to study in Canada? Because frankly I've not traveled outside My country before.

I want to suppose that my purpose of study will be clear when I produce an acceptance letter from the institution of study along with the receipt of payment. Sadly i provided these yet was denied the visa, or is there really any further evidence the visa officer will need to grant be a study permit?