+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa or PR confusion

Naina20

Aug 15, 2019
Hello, I want to go Canada with one year study..can I get PR after 1 year diploma course.if any one know about this pls help me. I have already masters degree & 3 year experience as administrative assistant.
But due to proof of fund issue this time I can not able to get PR. Study is possible with study loan. Pls any one tell me can I get PR in Canada after 1 yr course.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Use the CRS calculator to find out how many points you have.

1 year diploma in Canada will give you 15 extra points but studying in Canada doesn't automatically qualify you for PR. It's all points based.

Good luck!

Naina20

Aug 15, 2019
Use the CRS calculator to find out how many points you have.

1 year diploma in Canada will give you 15 extra points but studying in Canada doesn't automatically qualify you for PR. It's all points based

Good luck!
My CRS score is 469 this time..so it would be possible or not to get PR after completing 1 yr study or 1 year Work permit.?
Actually I want to know that after completing my study in canada my Indian experience & education would be include or not..?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
My CRS score is 469 this time..so it would be possible or not to get PR after completing 1 yr study or 1 year Work permit.?
Actually I want to know that after completing my study in canada my Indian experience & education would be include or not..?
I have personally taken a similar route - Study Permit for 1-year Masters course + 2 Year Work Permit & then PR.

I agree with the previous responses - no one here can have a definitive answer for you as to 'would it be possible to get PR or not'. The system is points based, and at the face of it, 469 is a good score so you have a chance of getting an Express Entry invite given the current trend of Express Entry draws. As far as Express Entry is concerned, yes, your Indian experience and education will be considered as long as you manage to get Work Reference letters from your employers and your Educational Credential Assessment done.

Do you currently have a degee from India? Is the course you are interested in a 'Post-secondary/ Under graduate' credential or a 'post graduate' credential? If it is a recognized post-graduate credential from a Designated Learning Institution, then you may be eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit right after you graduate. When you do get your Work Permit, you could apply for your PR with additional points for your Diploma (assuming that the Express entry draw scores remain in the same range one year later!).

On teh other hand, if I were you - and had a score of 469 today - I would immediately apply for PR. The benefit of this would be that you would save 2/3rds of your tuition fees as a PR and would even have higher job prospects. Most job advertisements directly state that Canadian citizens and PR's are preferred. If you are able to adapt to Canadian society in the one year of your studies, then great, go an and make a life here. If not, you can go back to your home country with a Canadian credential.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Are you expecting to win a lottery after one year? If you have 'proof of funds' issue now, you will have it after completing diploma also. Proof of funds is waived if you have a valid job offer/closed work permit only.