Waiting
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED WITH APP
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,
I live in Pakistan and would like to study in Canada.

There is a police case against me in Belgium. I have never been to Belgium but the case is related to computer hacking. I didn't take written permission for the security audit in french and my client now claims that they are not English speakers so they couldn't understood "Security audit means try to hack into system without access or authorisation. It sometimes unintentionally leads to honeypot but rest assured, your data will stay safe"

My name and my ID card number is with the police now since I am co-operating with them. Hell I ain't no criminal!

Now I have acceptance letter for cyber forensic course in Alberta. Do you think embassy or immigration can track this case down in Belgium? Should I mention it? Stay quite?

PS: I am not wanted. I am accessible by the police. My lawyer in Belgium is handling the case. Court didn't summon me. The case is not started yet. Police is investigating.

Any idea what could happen?

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aley.rizvi said:
Hi,
I live in Pakistan and would like to study in Canada.

There is a police case against me in Belgium. I have never been to Belgium but the case is related to computer hacking. I didn't take written permission for the security audit in french and my client now claims that they are not English speakers so they couldn't understood "Security audit means try to hack into system without access or authorisation. It sometimes unintentionally leads to honeypot but rest assured, your data will stay safe"

My name and my ID card number is with the police now since I am co-operating with them. Hell I ain't no criminal!

Now I have acceptance letter for cyber forensic course in Alberta. Do you think embassy or immigration can track this case down in Belgium? Should I mention it? Stay quite?

PS: I am not wanted. I am accessible by the police. My lawyer in Belgium is handling the case. Court didn't summon me. The case is not started yet. Police is investigating.

Any idea what could happen?
Question on the application form asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime?

You stated in your post that your case is still in process. Which means that you have not yet been charged with anything.

I wouldn't mention it in the application form.

I am not a lawyer, you will need to get legal advice but that's what I would do if I were you.

Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xecuter said:
Question on the application form asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime?
No - it doesn't. It asks if you have been charged OR convicted. OP needs to answer yes. The study permit won't be approved while charges are still pending. OP needs to work to have the charges dropped and then apply for the study permit later.

CIC has ways of finding out about the charges. There is no guarantee they will. However if they do find out and you haven't been truthful on the application - you'll be refused and will end up with a five year ban from Canada. Once that happens, it will be extremely difficult to qualify for a study, work or visitor visa in the future. This will also impact future entries into countries such as the US.

aley.rizvi

Feb 18, 2015
Visa Office......
VFS, Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
SUBMITTED SAME DAY
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED SAME DAY
File Transfer...
07-09-2016 CHC, Islamabad
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED WITH APP
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Despite I have never been to Belgium, I have no visa for EU countries on my passport?

Itzjimmy

Jul 28, 2019
I also have a query.. I had been charged for assaulting with lot of members.. It ws a fake case bt still charged.. The case is settled and got the non conviction letter from court.. Will it be a reason for my canada student visa rejection