Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
When did you apply? How much time did it take ?
I have applied on march 12. Paper application..passport submitted to vfs

Applied on 22 Feb .
Passport requested 11th March .

Passport submitted on 12th March , stamped and received at VFS Khobar on 14th March .

Mine took 2 weeks , did you submit exit re-entry copy , what's your status in KSA ?

naveedahsan33

Dec 4, 2017
Applied on 22 Feb .
Passport requested 11th March .

Passport submitted on 12th March , stamped and received at VFS Khobar on 14th March .

Mine took 2 weeks , did you submit exit re-entry copy , what's your status in KSA ?
My father has a family status, i am here for last 24 years. Residence visa you can say.
I submitted my passport,, it has all the exit entry data.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Nope. It was necessary?
Yes , you may be rejected on basis of "Immigration Status" .

Anyways , let's wait and see.

Below are few visa office instructions > RIYADH :

Non-Saudi citizen: If you are not a Saudi Citizen, you must provide proof of your present immigration status (copy of your Saudi Residence Permit – Iqama) as well as a copy of your exit and re-entry visa.

naveedahsan33

Dec 4, 2017

Non-Saudi citizen: If you are not a Saudi Citizen, you must provide proof of your present immigration status (copy of your Saudi Residence Permit – Iqama) as well as a copy of your exit and re-entry visa.
Ahan. actually there was nothing like this written on the vfs required documents list for study permit.
'Evidence of your status in Saudi Arabia
If you are not a Saudi citizen, you must provide proof of your present immigration status
in Saudi Arabia.' This was written there.
It is pretty obvious from the passport stamps that when did i last entered in saudi arabia. and the copy of my iqama shows that what is my status here.
From where did you pasted above?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Ahan. actually there was nothing like this written on the vfs required documents list for study permit.
'Evidence of your status in Saudi Arabia
If you are not a Saudi citizen, you must provide proof of your present immigration status
in Saudi Arabia.' This was written there.
It is pretty obvious from the passport stamps that when did i last entered in saudi arabia. and the copy of my iqama shows that what is my status here.
From where did you pasted above?

I pasted the above from the visa office checklist provided by CIC Canada .
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5847E.pdf

Stamps mean nothing .
Anyone could get stamps even visit visa ones do get stamps , but you need to prove you are a resident here and will come back , and the only way is "Exit Re-Entry" .

As you are saying that it was mentioned "proof of present immigration status" , that means exit re-entry .

Anyway , lets wait and see .

Apr 12, 2018
Anyone applied for student visa from alkhobar ? Or any city ?
I applied for the Study Permit from Jeddah on Mar 15 (application was received in Riyadh on March 18) and received an email on April 16th that my application has been approved through an attached letter that was sent to me by email. The next email I got was that they have dispatched my passport for collection in Jeddah. I collected my passport on April 18 or April 19th from the VSF Office in Jeddah.

The embassy does not inform you as to how far they have processed your application or how many days it could take for the application to get processed. This was an extremely frustrating experience.

I am on a Visit Visa and do not currently have an Iqama. A copy of my old Iqama (from 2011) was attached with a letter explaining my current status in the country. I applied for the permit more than 5 months prior to the start of my studies in Sept. So, if I can get the study permit so can you.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

naveedahsan33

Dec 4, 2017
I applied for the Study Permit from Jeddah on Mar 15 (application was received in Riyadh on March 18) and received an email on April 16th that my application has been approved through an attached letter that was sent to me by email. The next email I got was that they have dispatched my passport for collection in Jeddah. I collected my passport on April 18 or April 19th from the VSF Office in Jeddah.

The embassy does not inform you as to how far they have processed your application or how many days it could take for the application to get processed. This was an extremely frustrating experience.

I am on a Visit Visa and do not currently have an Iqama. A copy of my old Iqama (from 2011) was attached with a letter explaining my current status in the country. I applied for the permit more than 5 months prior to the start of my studies in Sept. So, if I can get the study permit so can you.

Best Wishes
Thanks for the reply brother. I already got my visa on april 12. Congrats to you.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018

Hi,
Can you explain about exit and re entry visa copy???
I got refusal from dubai on my immigration status. My residence visa was valid for 2 years. I am house wife. In UAE checklists they didn't ask about exit n re entry visa copy...
What is that other than iqama?

naveedahsan33

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,
I got refusal from dubai on my immigration status. My residence visa was valid for 2 years. I am house wife. In UAE checklists they didn't ask about exit n re entry visa copy...
I also didn't submit the exit re entry copy. but I got the visa. It wasn't on the checklist i checked.
There must be something other wrong with your application then.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,
Was your Residence Permit printed on the passport ( sticker ) ?