+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa from Pakistan delayed

ZaryabJavaid

Jul 4, 2019
Hi,

I applied for Study Visa from Pakistan on 6th of May and submitted the biometrics on 8th of May but haven’t heard back about medical exam till date. My school starts on 1st September. Its freaking me out. Please help?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hi,

I applied for Study Visa from Pakistan on 6th of May and submitted the biometrics on 8th of May but haven’t heard back about medical exam till date. My school starts on 1st September. Its freaking me out. Please help?

Hey there, I applied for a study permit at the Visa office in Lahore, Pakistan on June 21st. I had done my medical upfront on June 15 and submitted a paper application. Here is my timeline:

Upfront Medical: June 15
Paper Submission of application at local VFS: June 21
Biometric enrollment: June 21
Linked online Application: June 25
Medical Status updated to passed: June 26

Then when I logged in again on June 28, the medical passed just went away and it shows: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes

So I am not sure what's going on and in regards to timeline. It mentions 8 weeks for a complete package but honestly at this point no on knows what's going on in regards to timeline. For every applicant, it's different

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
what does your status say? my guess is they are still processing your background check assuming you are a pakistani national
Yes, I am a Pakistani National and it does mention that your application is under process, we are processing your background check, reviewing eligibility. But I was confused for the medical part when it just disappeared from my online account from being passed to we do not require. Also my sister applied last year and she got it in 2 weeks.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
the medical part is fine dont need to worry

as for your sister then maybe they fear you have no intention of returning to pakistan since you now have family ties in canada

did they ask for a police cert as well as part of your background check? for me they didnt

Well the thing is, before my sister applied for her study permit, my mother applied for her visit visa and she got that in a week and then my sister applied for her study visa a few months after and got that as well. My Father works in the Qatar Airforce and my mother works in Pakistan. My father has several properties in Pakistan as well as his aviation business. I mentioned all this, plus I did a business foundation course on a short term study visa in the UK from Sep 2018 to Mar 2019 and then applied for a 3 year Ontario Advanced diploma in Ottawa. I mentioned all my details for returning back to Pakistan and my ties and all.

Lastly, I did provide my police clearance certificate as well. They didn't ask for it but I provided it regardless.

Btw I didn't ask, did you apply from Pakistan as well?

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017

as for your sister then maybe they fear you have no intention of returning to pakistan since you now have family ties in canada

did they ask for a police cert as well as part of your background check? for me they didnt
hi
kindly tell me how long does it take for the background check, as i applied on 15th March and got the biometric validity letter on 25th April but after that its showing background check....its almost 15 weeks now. i also applied from Pakistan through Dhabi VOC

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019

So basically, I just got a medical request update on my account yesterday despite my upfront medical. I have received a medical request from IRCC and have 30 days. I contacted my local physician's office and they said my medical is valid for 12 months and I don't need another one. I also filled out a webform and sent an email as well to the abu dhabi office (both which can take about 3-4 weeks to receive a response even if they do). So I am not sure what to do now. Now I am just thinking back that I should have not even done my medical upfront. This is super weird,,,,

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
So basically, I just got a medical request update on my account yesterday despite my upfront medical. I have received a medical request from IRCC and have 30 days. I contacted my local physician's office and they said my medical is valid for 12 months and I don't need another one. I also filled out a webform and sent an email as well to the abu dhabi office (both which can take about 3-4 weeks to receive a response even if they do). So I am not sure what to do now. Now I am just thinking back that I should have not even done my medical upfront. This is super weird,,,,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pakistani-applicants-applying-study-permit-for-jan-intake-gather-here.525211/page-109

check Rick-Sanchez Message.

Reactions: Hassan7601