+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa for minor after visitor visa refusal

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I applied separately only for my kid using same IRCC account. As a proof of funds, I used my offer letter and bank statements (saving). In my case, though LoA was not required, I was able to get LoA with the help of my friend there. Name of school you can find in your locality where you are going to reside. Term, you can start from Sept 2023 till June 2024. You may want to wait for your visa approval to get exempted from LoA. Then, instead of LoA, you can upload your approved VISA.
thank you so much for your time and explanation. I'll wait first hoping the VV gets approved otherwise just gonna go ahead with study permit if necessary.

Sea Lavender

Dec 20, 2023
If the child is… with a parent who is a temporary resident and has a study or work permit
Study permit required - No

Documents needed : Child’s passport or child listed on a parent’s passport. The child may have a visitor record. The parent has a study or work permit. It’s recommended that the child gets a study permit, even when one is not required.

Footnotes
Footnote 1
The child may have either a visitor record or a study permit when entering Canada. The child is authorized to study without a study permit if they have only the visitor record or a Canadian entry stamp on their passport.

So it's not mandatory, it's a recommendation in case the parents have a valid study or work permit. I know people who arrived as students and took their minor kids with VV.
Dear Forum,

I am planning to come to Canada (Vancouver) in mid-March 2024 on a student visa, a 2-year program.
I have an 8-year-old daughter studying in Grade 3 in my home country, she has a Canada Visitor visa.

From my latest search, I am aware that I need to apply for an "open study permit" for her to continue her school in Canada.

I have below questions:

1. Can her visit visa be converted to an "Open study permit"?
2. If not what is the process for her to be eligible for school in Canada?
3. If she gets the permit, will it paid by the Government or I will have to cover the school fee?

People with first-hand experience please assist.

Vipu

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Dear Forum,

I am planning to come to Canada (Vancouver) in mid-March 2024 on a student visa, a 2-year program.
I have an 8-year-old daughter studying in Grade 3 in my home country, she has a Canada Visitor visa.

From my latest search, I am aware that I need to apply for an "open study permit" for her to continue her school in Canada.

I have below questions:

1. Can her visit visa be converted to an "Open study permit"?
2. If not what is the process for her to be eligible for school in Canada?
3. If she gets the permit, will it paid by the Government or I will have to cover the school fee?

People with first-hand experience please assist.
You can apply Study permit before admission in to the any Canadian school.
her visit visa will not converted into the study permit
you can diractly apply study permit after completion al other documents. you can chose SDS system if your country fall under the SDS system.
yes all tuition fees pay by the Govt. in case of minor kids. schooling are partially free in Canada.

Sea Lavender

Dec 20, 2023
You can apply Study permit before admission in to the any Canadian school.
her visit visa will not converted into the study permit
you can diractly apply study permit after completion al other documents. you can chose SDS system if your country fall under the SDS system.
yes all tuition fees pay by the Govt. in case of minor kids. schooling are partially free in Canada.
Sure thanks.

iram khizar

Dec 23, 2023
Hi,
Everyone
I'm a student of m.phil zoology, I want to continue my studies from canada please help me guide about fully funded scholarships.kindly help me about this....and also guide what I do how to apply actual

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Everyone
I'm a student of m.phil zoology, I want to continue my studies from canada please help me guide about fully funded scholarships.kindly help me about this....and also guide what I do how to apply actual
Very few fully funded scholarships unless taking Masters or PhD. You have to do research and find a school that you will be admitted to and will give you full scholarship (chances are low), pay first year tuition and show minimum of $20k.

Sea Lavender

Dec 20, 2023
Hi,
Everyone
I'm a student of m.phil zoology, I want to continue my studies from Canada please help me guide about fully funded scholarships.kindly help me about this....and also guide what I do how to apply actual
Hi Dear, You have posted your question in the wrong thread. Post it in the appropriate forum to receive a maximum response.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Hi, My son came last year Canada on a Visitor VISA. Now I am applying for an extension. Should I apply for a Visitor or Study permit for him? Now he is 5+ and going KG. Thank you