Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Hi,

I have a B.Sc (Hons) degree in Actuarial Science from University of Lagos(2005) and have worked as a banker for 4.5 yrs and embarked on a study leave for my M.Sc oil & Gas Accounting in the UK from September 2012 to September 2013. Last month I applied for a TR (Visitor's) visa for an Oil and Gas conference in Calgary, Canada, coming up in July 23-25 but was refused visa due to the reason stated at the end of this mail below. However, I have an admission in Algonquin college for a Professional Post-graduate Certificate Program in Financial Services ( 1 year duration ) against January 2014. This professional certificate program is for those experienced in the financial sector. Thus, the program is in line with banking career.

I need clarification to the following grey areas:

1. Does being refused TR visa in April have any effect on my study visa application?
2. Can I apply for the study here in the UK as I am here writing my dissertation between June 2013 to September 2013 or
3. Do I need to return to Nigeria or apply via Canadian Embassy in Nigeria either by post or online application?
4. Will my Master's degree affect my study visa application?
5. Can I present a fixed deposit as an evidence of finance?

I will be glad for your constructive response.

Below is the VO refusal advise ( front and back page ):

TR visa Refusal Reason:

"this refers to your application for a TR visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirement for a TR visa; therefore, your application is refused. In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant's travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, Financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence ( including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
In accordance with sec A11(1) of the immigration and refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a TR of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and will leave by end of the period of authorized for his/her stay.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Second page:

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reason explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a TR. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1. Your travel history, 2. Your immigration status, 3. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

prashant1111

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
I got rejection for Jan 2014 for Dalhousie University Sad.. the reason of refusal:your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous stdies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.
I got admission in dalhousie UNI for M.engg in internetworking. my profile is B.E (E&C) 58% (10 backlogs with repeatation) and an year gap during U.G means B.E completed in 5 years. IELTS- 6.5 (min 6 in each),also my final year project was on networking and I have also submitted a certificate from a private institute of N+, CCNA, MCSE where I have done training of these networking courses .. sufficient funds shown, but SOP was very poor... applied under university category.. now how to resolve this issue with this profile?? plz guide me, I am desparately looking for help on this as I want to re-apply soon for the same intake..