+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa denied 3 times, Please help!!!

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I applied 3 times:
First refusal was:
I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
Second refusal was:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
Third refusal was:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have completed high school, and have admitted to 3 years diploma course in Conestoga College. I have shown all the proofs, but still don't understand what exactly can be done to have positive decision. Please help. Thank you.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Why not try another country?
If not, get GCMS Notes and see what exactly was not convincing the Visa Officers.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied 3 times:
First refusal was:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
Second refusal was:
Third refusal was:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have completed high school, and have admitted to 3 years diploma course in Conestoga College. I have shown all the proofs, but still don't understand what exactly can be done to have positive decision. Please help. Thank you.
Order GCMS

- How much in funds for a 3 year program? All personal bank accounts/cash?
- Ties to home country?
- Career opportunities and education advancement to justify costs?

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Order GCMS

Fees is about $17000 per year, so for 3 years is $51000. Paid one year fees, and as well as opened GIC account of $10,000 and showed about $72,000 in bank account. Also, provided properties documents.
- Ties to home country?
have parents, father business, and younger siblings. clearly mentioned in SOP that will return country after study, and will have IT opportunities in my home country.
mentioned detailed about this in SOP. My SOP was about 6 pages long.
Fees is about $17000 per year, so for 3 years is $51000. Paid one year fees, and as well as opened GIC account of $10,000 and showed about $72,000 in bank account. Also, provided properties documents.
- Ties to home country?
have parents, father business, and younger siblings. clearly mentioned in SOP that will return country after study, and will have IT opportunities in my home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- Ties to home country?
Order GCMS notes because after 3 refusals, you need to get the notes before reapplying. No officer is going to read 6 pages, nor should they have to. Two pages max. So all your own funds? That is not enough in funds if you factor in minimum $10k per year for living expenses. If parents funds, they are using all your funds to study so how will they support themselves and your siblings? Your parents, siblings and business are not a tie. So the properties are in your name? If not, not a tie. If they are show the income generated. Ties are career opportunities to justify costs.