+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study visa came late and my coll has begun

Vicky134

Jun 20, 2018
Dear All,

I have applied study permit for sep 2018 intake and its yet to arrive,my classes will start by 10th sep. I am planning to defer it to jan intake as i think my visa will not arrive by then. What if the visa arrives for sep intake and can i enter canada using that visa for Jan ?kindly help

Ansh Mathur

Aug 19, 2018
I guess in this case you need to re submit your application because you can’t enter Canada on a study permit which was issued for earlier seat

Vicky134

Jun 20, 2018
Thank you for your reply !

Incase i have a new offer letter from college, can i send it to CIC(before the sep visa comes) so that they can change the date ?

Ansh Mathur

Aug 19, 2018
Thank you for your reply !

Incase i have a new offer letter from college, can i send it to CIC(before the sep visa comes) so that they can change the date ?
I don’t think that the embassy works in this way, you should get proper information first regarding your case.

Sep 4, 2018
Dear All,

I have applied study permit for sep 2018 intake and its yet to arrive,my classes will start by 10th sep. I am planning to defer it to jan intake as i think my visa will not arrive by then. What if the visa arrives for sep intake and can i enter canada using that visa for Jan ?kindly help
Hi. I'm in the same position as you, applied for my study permit and it's sadly taking longer than expected and on top of that my classes have already started. I don't know if I should defer or just wait for my visa, I just don't want it to affect my visa processing

Vicky134

Jun 20, 2018
I believe you have time till 16th to defer the course, so You can defer it by 10th and after receiving the new offer letter,submit to CIC.

Acamp

Jun 12, 2019
I was in the same condition too, 2 years ago. I was 2 weeks late for my classes due to delayed visa approval. I was in confused if I should withdraw from the program and get the refund or wait for the approval. I took the risk and waited for the approval- I have learned that it is actually up to the school where you are enrolled in if they would accept you or not. In my case, the school issued a letter of delay entry, so the border officers would let me in.

Reactions: gipps and Msbrar

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
I was in the same condition too, 2 years ago. I was 2 weeks late for my classes due to delayed visa approval. I was in confused if I should withdraw from the program and get the refund or wait for the approval. I took the risk and waited for the approval- I have learned that it is actually up to the school where you are enrolled in if they would accept you or not. In my case, the school issued a letter of delay entry, so the border officers would let me in.
That's a great news buddy. My university has agreed to accept me if I join by 1st October. My medical will be completed on 2nd September. So I think I have enough time to get the Visa by that time. My classes start on 1st September.