+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa applied on 28th May, 2018 at VFS Chandigarh

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Chandigarh, file being processed at Delhi VO.
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Another major difference is in the fee structure.
GIC is not required.
Average semester fee for an undergraduate Business Program is CAD 20k. So, tuition fee can be from $40,000 to $55,000 for one year (2semesters) depending on the University.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Another important thing:
Top Universities have no 'Agents'. They deal directly with the applicant. You can hire an agent to help you file.
They also, never come to India for recruitment.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Study permit will depend on your profile. University category Study Permit applications are very rarely refused because the University acceptance letter is very hard to obtain. Also, cut off for applying to most Universities goes above 90% in Class 12. If you have 85% or above in English in Class 12 CBSE, there is no need for IELTS, it's waived.
I did my master in engineering in Nov, 2011. From April, 2012 I am working in a private organization.

I got one offer letter from for two year post graduate diploma from the college and other one from university for one year post graduate certificate.

I like the college course because of its duration and contents but I am thinking that chances for me to get study permit is more in university.

Please suggest.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I applied through the agent for both and the university is under SPP as consultant told me that after submitting my fees, I need to purchase GIC certificate.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
I did my master in engineering in Nov, 2011. From April, 2012 I am working in a private organization.

I got one offer letter from for two year post graduate diploma from the college and other one from university for one year post graduate certificate.

I like the college course because of its duration and contents but I am thinking that chances for me to get study permit is more in university.

Please suggest.
The choice is yours. Both are not Degree programs.
The Uni as u mentioned comes under SPP, so your case will be considered in SPP and not in Uni Category. That is why u have to take GIC.
As none of the Universities give any commission to any 'Agent', hence Agents don't like to deal with Uni and don't promote them.

Reactions: ankitvashisht

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
I applied through the agent for both and the university is under SPP as consultant told me that after submitting my fees, I need to purchase GIC certificate.
See, the Agent fooled you.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Commission for Agents is up to 20% of your Tuition fee every year!

Reactions: Alex87M

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
The choice is yours. Both are not Degree programs.
The Uni as u mentioned comes under SPP, so your case will be considered in SPP and not in Uni Category. That is why u have to take GIC.
As none of the Universities give any commission to any 'Agent', hence Agents don't like to deal with Uni and don't promote them.
It means my application does not make difference as it comes under SPP on both sides and I have to prepare same documents for duo to get SP.

My work experience is more than 6.5 years and study gap after master is almost 7 years, married with two kids and age is 33. Would all this effect my application or gap is justified with the experience.

Please advise.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
It means my application does not make difference as it comes under SPP on both sides and I have to prepare same documents for duo to get SP.

My work experience is more than 6.5 years and study gap after master is almost 7 years, married with two kids and age is 33. Would all this effect my application or gap is justified with the experience.

Please advise.
Yes, your application will be considered under SPP in both cases.
As to your second query, your application might affected as the Visa Officer will need solid Financials as regards to your Family support in India while you are studying in Canada. Be very careful. No agent will tell you this because he will be charging you his service fees and does not really care if you get visa or not.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018

Please advise.
Gap is justified, no issues. You will need a very very strong SOP explaining how your family will be supported while you are studying.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Gap is justified, no issues. You will need a very very strong SOP explaining how your family will be supported while you are studying.
For financial support, can I write that my father will take care of my family in my absence whose average monthly income is around INR 40,000. Moreover, my wife is also working as a kindergarten teacher, but her salary is very less. Or I can left maximum to maximum INR 3 to 4 lacs in my account.

Do I need to show income proof of my father or wife with my bank account statement and in this case would one year course is not better because in the two years course, visa officer would be think more as compared to one year course. It is my perception.

Please reply as tomorrow is the last date for me to submit college fees. It is a tough decision for and thanks for your guidance.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
For financial support, can I write that my father will take care of my family in my absence whose average monthly income is around INR 40,000. Moreover, my wife is also working as a kindergarten teacher, but her salary is very less. Or I can left maximum to maximum INR 3 to 4 lacs in my account.

Do I need to show income proof of my father or wife with my bank account statement and in this case would one year course is not better because in the two years course, visa officer would be think more as compared to one year course. It is my perception.

Please reply as tomorrow is the last date for me to submit college fees. It is a tough decision for and thanks for your guidance.
I really can't really give you an option you on this.
It is a very personal matter.
One year study will get you one year work permit, whereas two years study can get you a three year work permit. Second option leaves the tricky situation of financial support of your family.
You can give as much info regarding financial security back up.......such as ownership of house, other property, rentals, savings. Joint property papers, parents property. You can even give information regarding your in-law's property and means of support.
Its complicated and time is a constraint otherwise I would have assessed your case better. Please do note that I am in no way qualified to advise you and am doing it from my personal experience as I have seen applicants being misguided by Agents.....and I offer free advice to applicants, when I can, just because I want tot help them to be successful.

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I also want to apply for two years course, not only because of its duration but I really want to go for it. But I am thinking ( like I said before, it is my perception) that for one year course may be Visa Officer would not give much thoughts as the duration is just one year.
And to take three years work permit, I will do one year course more after completing this one.
Please reply.

rrc

May 31, 2018
  1. you are applying for which course and category !! If university property statements and all are not mandatory. I have seen people getting visa even without sop for unis

Please reply as tomorrow is the last date for me to submit college fees. It is a tough decision for and thanks for your guidance.[/QUOTE

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
As i said, it is hard for me to advise you this.