+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa applied on 28th May, 2018 at VFS Chandigarh

rrc

May 31, 2018
Hi!
I applied to CiC via online.,I submitted my application last May 24,2018. After 2 days they sent notification that I passed the medical exam.,now they are reviewing my documents and requested for police clearance from nbi.,
You applied for which course and category ??

poonamchopra

Dec 19, 2017
Strange!
Shouldn't have taken so long.
I will link my application to my account later tonight. Can give you an update after that.
CIC website says 6 weeks when i applied.. and now its changed to 7 weeks. VFS site shows under processing.. and my consultant said.. some one the May Intake cases have not yet been completed..

I do know i have enough time.. but the wait is nerve wrecking. do share how you linked.

I had done my medical before submitting my application and the reciept of the same was attached to my application that went after 3 to 4 days after that.

poonamchopra

Dec 19, 2017
Its u r 5th week roughly.

Use this vid to know how to connect offline app to online portal.

Please link it and share the comments there. I think u will get visa next weekfor sure ..:)
was this for me... I so hope you are right... I have had no communication yet from them... I think the communication is directd to my consultant and they keep saying.. Abhi may ka atka hua hai.. your might take more time.. I am freaking out waiting... :/

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Chandigarh, file being processed at Delhi VO.
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
CIC website says 6 weeks when i applied.. and now its changed to 7 weeks. VFS site shows under processing.. and my consultant said.. some one the May Intake cases have not yet been completed..

I do know i have enough time.. but the wait is nerve wrecking. do share how you linked.

I had done my medical before submitting my application and the reciept of the same was attached to my application that went after 3 to 4 days after that.
Unable to link my application

poonamchopra

Dec 19, 2017
Its u r 5th week roughly.

Use this vid to know how to connect offline app to online portal.

Please link it and share the comments there. I think u will get visa next weekfor sure ..:)

I made a CIC account for Visa fee payment.. is that the same account.. or this is a different account?

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
It says "You have made a mistake while filling the form"!!???!!
I have filled the form according to the information I provided in the application!

ankitvashisht

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Mine is 2yr ms in cs. University category !! any idea about the processing time for uni category visa !!
Could you please tell the difference between university category and college category. Where are the chances are more for getting study permit??

Thanks and Regards.

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Could you please tell the difference between university category and college category. Where are the chances are more for getting study permit??

Thanks and Regards.
Universities have a different criteria for admissions. They are not bound by any Govt stipulations, unless they are under SPP category. They determine eligibility on case to case basis, no hard and fast rule. They do not offer 2 year diplomas, only 4 year degree programs or 2/3 year Post Graduate degrees.
Colleges can only offer 2 year diplomas and are bound by Govt. regulations for intakes.

Reactions: ankitvashisht

ZBS

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018

Thanks and Regards.
Study permit will depend on your profile. University category Study Permit applications are very rarely refused because the University acceptance letter is very hard to obtain. Also, cut off for applying to most Universities goes above 90% in Class 12. If you have 85% or above in English in Class 12 CBSE, there is no need for IELTS, it's waived.

Reactions: ankitvashisht