+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa application

Sham$

Jan 10, 2022
I have applied for canada student visa for fall intake 2021 with IELTS-GENERAL.i got visa refusal on 31st december 2021.By the time i got my visa decision,my Ielts validity has expired.i.e., expired on 7th september 2021. I want to reapply for study visa for the same course in same college And my college has given deadline for visa reapplication by 21st january 2022. But i am not getting ielts slot of january 2022. I got exam slot of 5th february 2022. Reason of rejection was course irrelevancy(section R216(1)(b)
So, may i reapply the study visa with expired or old ielts general score??please answer me....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for canada student visa for fall intake 2021 with IELTS-GENERAL.i got visa refusal on 31st december 2021.By the time i got my visa decision,my Ielts validity has expired.i.e., expired on 7th september 2021. I want to reapply for study visa for the same course in same college And my college has given deadline for visa reapplication by 21st january 2022. But i am not getting ielts slot of january 2022. I got exam slot of 5th february 2022. Reason of rejection was course irrelevancy(section R216(1)(b)
So, may i reapply the study visa with expired or old ielts general score??please answer me....
Did you just create another profile to ask the same question? Your study permit was refused because you need to change your program (not relevant to your education or career) so you should order GCMS notes for full reasons. You need valid IELTS scores if including them in your study permit.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-want-to-apply-for-study-permit.754661/

Sham$

Jan 10, 2022
Sorry its not course irrelevancy. The reason for refusal is as follows:
Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied
that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.
Refused under R216(1)(b).
And my college is saying that i can reapply with expired ielts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied
that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.
This means you need to change programs and the program of study you have selected to take in Canada doesn't make sense to the visa officer.

Did you change programs after your first refusal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is course relevancy as officer doesn't think your course is "reasonable" so it doesn't expand on your current education or enhance your job prospects. Order GCMS notes for full reasons. IRCC will not accept expired IELTS for SDS. But for non SDS category, you don't need to include IELTS at all.