+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa application through High Commission London

allycatnip

Feb 28, 2012
Hi Guys

I would like to hear about experiences you had with applying for a study visa through the Canadian High Commission in London.

I have applied about 2 weeks ago. I have also applied for a temp. work permit for my spouse at the same time. I am aware that processing times are usually 8-10 weeks. Is that what you experienced? I am fairly worried about whether it is even being processed since they do not give you any form of confirmation of receipt. In addition our postal order has not been cashed yet.

What have you guys experienced in terms of processing times and general communication with the High Commission? I need to know a decision by the end of June and I am worried that if there is any additional information they need or anything is missing it will take forever... :(

Any information and experience shared would be appreciated.

;)

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
Hi

can you please tell me your status in UK I mean temporary or permanent?As I am also going to apply Canadian study permit very soon.

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
Dear AlleyCatnip,

I applied last year during the peak time. It took 4 months for me to get my visa approved. I don't think it will take that long for you because you've had the good sense to apply early. Sometimes, it's just down to luck of the draw. Some people who applied the same time as me got their visa approved within 10 weeks.

Yes, a mistake on you application will send you back to the beginning of the queue, but don't worry if that happens because your early application means you will still be okay time-wise.

They WILL NOT answer any general enquiry about your application status before 10 weeks, so I don't advise trying to contact them before that time unless you need to give them new information etc. After 10 weeks they will be extremely helpful.

Do contact them if you haven't heard anything after 10 weeks. Postal/e-mail mistakes etc can and do occur.

Regarding a receipt, about 2 months after I sent my application, I received my passport, bank documents and my receipt back from them. GOOD LUCK!