+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa application got rejected twice

RosheneJ

Sep 17, 2020
My application got rejected twice on 24th Aug and 17th Sep. I am 24 years old. IELTS 7.5. BEng in Mechatronics GPA 68%. Worked as Biomedical Service Engineer for 1 year(resigned on december 2019). Currently not employed. I applied for PG diploma in Electromechanical Engineering Automation and Robotics. Any ideas for rejection.

1st rejection
1) not sufficient funds
2) limited employment opportunities in home country
3) current employment situation
4) your personal assets and financial status
5) you already posses a degree in same field

2nd rejection
1)based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada
2)based on the purpose of visit
5) your planned studies do not appear reasonable when viewing your past study and employment history.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My application got rejected twice on 24th Aug and 17th Sep. I am 24 years old. IELTS 7.5. BEng in Mechatronics GPA 68%. Worked as Biomedical Service Engineer for 1 year(resigned on december 2019). Currently not employed. I applied for PG diploma in Electromechanical Engineering Automation and Robotics. Any ideas for rejection.

1st rejection
1) not sufficient funds

2nd rejection
5) your planned studies do not appear reasonable when viewing your past study and employment history.

Most rejections have a deep rooted reason which makes the officer who is evaluating your application for visa doubt your intentions. With every rejection your chances of getting a visa in the subsequent application get considerably lower as prior visa application decision are looked into when making a decision on the current application.

Before you file another application, evaluate your application see why your application was rejected, and you can start with requesting your GCMS notes. If you did not file your own application, it would be worth it to obtain a copy of the entire application and the GCMS notes so that you know what all was filed.

Any discrepancy in a subsequent application will be an issue too. So if you have a prior record, you will be able to draft your new application accordingly.

Once you have the GCMS notes, read the comments and the section under which your application was rejected. Most rejections happen for the following reasons:

The immigration officer was not convinced that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of her stay as required under subsection 216(1). Under subsections 20(1) and 22(1) of the IRPA, the class of students is a class of temporary residents, and under subsection 11(1) of the IRPA, an immigration officer has the discretion to issue or not to issue a study permit.

If you feel that the decision was arbitrary and unjustified, you can challenge the same before the federal court.

Reactions: RosheneJ

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

1st rejection
1) not sufficient funds

2nd rejection
that was my case,
las officer put a note that my profile should be immigrant in stead of student.
good luck

RosheneJ

Sep 17, 2020
Most rejections have a deep rooted reason which makes the officer who is evaluating your application for visa doubt your intentions. With every rejection your chances of getting a visa in the subsequent application get considerably lower as prior visa application decision are looked into when making a decision on the current application.

Before you file another application, evaluate your application see why your application was rejected, and you can start with requesting your GCMS notes. If you did not file your own application, it would be worth it to obtain a copy of the entire application and the GCMS notes so that you know what all was filed.

Any discrepancy in a subsequent application will be an issue too. So if you have a prior record, you will be able to draft your new application accordingly.

Once you have the GCMS notes, read the comments and the section under which your application was rejected. Most rejections happen for the following reasons:

The immigration officer was not convinced that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of her stay as required under subsection 216(1). Under subsections 20(1) and 22(1) of the IRPA, the class of students is a class of temporary residents, and under subsection 11(1) of the IRPA, an immigration officer has the discretion to issue or not to issue a study permit.

If you feel that the decision was arbitrary and unjustified, you can challenge the same before the federal court.
I applied for gcms via getgcms. I applied through and agent on both occasions. My agents messed up in the initial application as he did not submit all my financial statements. But I dont know what happened in the second.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You should look into master's programs. Applications for PGDs are commonly refused because they assume you have no intention of leaving Canada, more so since you are currently unemployed. You really need to show sufficient proof of funds and explain why studying in Canada is important to your career prospects back home. It would presumably be cheaper to study there, so why can't you do that?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I applied for gcms via getgcms. I applied through and agent on both occasions. My agents messed up in the initial application as he did not submit all my financial statements. But I dont know what happened in the second.
The GCMS notes will give you a clear picture. You should also get the copy of your entire application to see what all was submitted.

Unfortunately, the federal court have ruled that any an applicant cannot use a consultant's mistake to claim that the application was not processed correctly. In the context of misrepresentation, the court has said:

Haque v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)
, 2011 FC 315, the Court held that the fact that an immigration consultant was to blame for the misrepresentation was no defence. As already discussed, the applicants cannot avail themselves of the exception for an innocent mistake.

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
Hey Im so sorry to hear that your application was refused. mine was refused on sept 15. from what country are you applying? man they are refusing a lot

RosheneJ

Sep 17, 2020
Hey Im so sorry to hear that your application was refused. mine was refused on sept 15. from what country are you applying? man they are refusing a lot
Sri Lanka. I dont think they even read my 2nd SOP. It was very detailed and they refused it just in 3 days of submission.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The GCMS notes will give you a clear picture. You should also get the copy of your entire application to see what all was submitted.

Unfortunately, the federal court have ruled that any an applicant cannot use a consultant's mistake to claim that the application was not processed correctly. In the context of misrepresentation, the court has said:
Citing legal precedence is some next level type of advise. Love it.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

@MO.Youssef