+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa and pgwp

Kiran som1

Mar 18, 2019
Hi all,
Just wanted to clarify my situation from where i stand now; i want to study in a private institute in delta,bc. It is a Dli institute and does not require ielts; but a test is conducted over a phone call for language. So i am required to get a generic study visa ? If i am granted with a study permit; does that study permit have any effects on pgwp after i complete my program ? Like is it any different from a sds study visa student from a generic study visa student ? Any restictions is implied on generic study visa student or all the things are just as same as the sds study visa student ?

Kiran som1

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you very much. That was a bit confusing the whole time and made me worried because may be there would be some restrictions for the generic study visa.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
The visa is the same but a lot of private colleges dont get you a PGWP so check that link posted to make sure.

Kiran som1

Mar 18, 2019
The visa is the same but a lot of private colleges dont get you a PGWP so check that link posted to make sure.
Thanks bongoman. I have checked in cic website it says "yes" to pgwp. I do also want to know what are the document checklist for generic study visa. I dont have a comp or lap to see the downloaded checklist file from cic website. Anywhere else to look for it ?