+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study plan related question - college first, then university

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
I am going for a 2 year diploma in software development in Calgary, which starts in January. I have recently graduated from school with a 2 year diploma in Web Development/Multimedia, and my goal is to pursue a bachelors in computer science or related software engineering degree.

I can't get admission to university directly because my current diploma courses weigh nothing and I am not even sure the diploma would be considered by the institutions abroad after doing an ECA. So I choose a college, which had a transferability option for which I am allowed to do only another 2 years (2+2) in a partner university (uLeth), towards bachelors, if I attain certain GPA.

Is it risky to mention this in the SOP? I believe it would potentially help my chances as it is my real intent of this study, but in the same time I suspect the VO would think that I may not be looking to return back to my home country after the first program (2 year diploma) is finished.

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
Rule of thumb is be honest on your application. Be clear on your objectives and reasons to why your chose that academic course. This is your best chance. I’d say also explain what you plan to do when you go back to you country - prove strong ties, show motivation to return.

Best of luck.

Reactions: ismailel