+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
Hello jddd,

Please help me with the following questions:
My Refugee application has been declined and I am apply for PR under H&C grounds in the best of the child.
My daughter applied for a graduation program in a university and they said since we are not consider as a refugees, my daughter will be consider as a international student and should submit study permit. She has studied in Canada since 2017.
Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue as she lost her valuable study time and we are all under stress
Many thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello jddd,

Please help me with the following questions:
My Refugee application has been declined and I am apply for PR under H&C grounds in the best of the child.
My daughter applied for a graduation program in a university and they said since we are not consider as a refugees, my daughter will be consider as a international student and should submit study permit. She has studied in Canada since 2017.
Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue as she lost her valuable study time and we are all under stress
Many thanks
She has to apply like a normal international student and must also pay international student fees. She will need to show that she/her families has the tuition plus 10k at the very minimum to support her studies. Getting approved may be difficult because she must prove that she has ties to her home country and will return to her home country. Given the large cost it may make sense to delay to see the outcome of the H&C application. If family is denied H&C would she want to continue studying alone in Canada?

Last edited: