Study permit

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

Does anybody have an idea if an international student can apply for a study permit with spouse?
I mean the applicant can get the study permit and the spouse can get temporary visit visa at the same time?

Thank you

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
yes, but not recommended. If spouse also applies with you then how will you show family ties. Apply alone and indicate that your family is in India so you will go back after completing studies.

Popularj1050

Dec 20, 2019
Please i urgently need help with the following questions:
1. I recently secured a college diploma in a designated learning institution in Canada and i intend applying for my study permit along with SOWP.
I currently work as an aircraft engineer in my country and moreso, i have a business enterprise in my country which involves importing and exporting aircraft components. Please do you think having such business enterprise is enough to convince the VISA officer of my willingness to return back to my country after my education ?
2. I am a Nigerian who is currently on on official assignment in Ethiopia. I have contacted the Canadian embassy here to confirm if i can apply for my study permit from here and the answer was YES but what i do not know is if i can apply for my wife's SOWP from here in Ethiopia while she could be allowed to do her Biometrics & Medicals in Nigeria. Any idea Please ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can apply from anywhere and do medical & biometric at any approved location. However applying from a third country always makes it more difficult to prove ties to your home country, so it is up to you to prove those strong ties to Nigeria.

Popularj1050

Dec 20, 2019
Thank you for your response bongoman, i am very grateful.
Please don't you think that having a personal business enterprise which deals with importation of aircraft parts and consumables in my country and having a letter of introduction from an airline i work with is enough to convince the visa officer of my strong ties back home?
Secondly, can my accompanying spouse do her biometrics in Nigeria, while i do mine in Ethiopia since we are currently separated due to the COVID-19?
Thanks for your response.

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
You can apply from anywhere and do medical & biometric at any approved location. However applying from a third country always makes it more difficult to prove ties to your home country, so it is up to you to prove those strong ties to Nigeria.
can you please tell i am a partner in business Enterprise, does ut consider as work experience and strong ties to my country

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response bongoman, i am very grateful.
Please don't you think that having a personal business enterprise which deals with importation of aircraft parts and consumables in my country and having a letter of introduction from an airline i work with is enough to convince the visa officer of my strong ties back home?
Secondly, can my accompanying spouse do her biometrics in Nigeria, while i do mine in Ethiopia since we are currently separated due to the COVID-19?
Thanks for your response.
Yes you can do your biometrics in different countries. Offices may not be open. If you already own your own business it doesn’t make a lot of sense to do a college diploma. not sure what course you are taking but if it is related to business the course is unlikely to lead to career progression. You should certainly apply but it is pretty clear that you are not a genuine student. Applying with a spouse accompanying you usually decreases your chance of approval unless you are doing an advanced degree like masters or PhD. It is usually advisable for the international student to apply and if the student gets approved you can try to see if the spouse can get a permit to accompany.

Popularj1050

Dec 20, 2019
Yes you can do your biometrics in different countries. Offices may not be open. If you already own your own business it doesn’t make a lot of sense to do a college diploma. not sure what course you are taking but if it is related to business the course is unlikely to lead to career progression. You should certainly apply but it is pretty clear that you are not a genuine student. Applying with a spouse accompanying you usually decreases your chance of approval unless you are doing an advanced degree like masters or PhD. It is usually advisable for the international student to apply and if the student gets approved you can try to see if the spouse can get a permit to accompany.