+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit

Saiful Islam

Jul 4, 2017
Need to know the reasons behind the visa refusal. please see some below points....

1. I have submitted the file on 20th June 2017 and got the status on 4th July'2017. and refused.
2. I have 6.0 at IELTS, Business Graduate and want to do Masters in Global Management according to my career path.
3. I have completed my graduation on 2011 and working in multinational telecom company from last 5 years.
3. My sponsor is my father as he is a businessman.
4. I have strong ties up as my wife has her own career in Bangladesh and she is working in the multinational company too.

see the above-mentioned points and tell me what can be the reason to refuse me and can I reapply??

pk_canada123

Jun 20, 2017
Need to know the reasons behind the visa refusal. please see some below points....

1. I have submitted the file on 20th June 2017 and got the status on 4th July'2017. and refused.
2. I have 6.0 at IELTS, Business Graduate and want to do Masters in Global Management according to my career path.
3. I have completed my graduation on 2011 and working in multinational telecom company from last 5 years.
4. I have strong ties up as my wife has her own career in Bangladesh and she is working in the multinational company too.

see the above-mentioned points and tell me what can be the reason to refuse me and can I reapply??
As you are working and supporting your family and you are dependent on your father for your family so this could be the reason. Your financial status should be very very strong to get visa in your case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For a Masters, CIC typically wants to see a score of at least 6.5 in each of the four IELTS categories. I would recommend you re-write IELTS before reapplying and achieve a higher score.

Saiful Islam

Jul 4, 2017
As you are working and supporting your family and you are dependent on your father for your family so this could be the reason. Your financial status should be very very strong to get visa in your case.
Dear Pk,
I am not dependent on my father, I have my own property but I wanted the supports from my father for higher study and I am the only son of my parents. My wife is a working lady too.

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016

You should apply for CAIPS to know the exact reason. If you dont know the exact reason then no point of applying again without knowing it. They will reject you again for the same reason. I got rejected twice and visa officer. Ordered caips report and found the reason of rejection. Apply through caipsgcms.com. Faster service.

Saiful Islam

Jul 4, 2017
For a Masters, CIC typically wants to see a score of at least 6.5 in each of the four IELTS categories. I would recommend you re-write IELTS before reapplying and achieve a higher score.
Hello Scylla,
Thanks, but so far I know, if university accepts me, there is no problems for visa centre or CIC. At BBA program the medium of instruction was english.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,
Thanks, but so far I know, if university accepts me, there is no problems for visa centre or CIC. At BBA program the medium of instruction was english.
That's unfortunately incorrect. Just because the university accepts your language test scores doesn't mean CIC will. We see plenty of refusals here for language abilities where the school has accepted the student but CIC won't approve the visa. If you have any individual scores that are 5.5 or lower - that's definitely too low for CIC to approve the study permit. Again, you really should ensure you have at least 6.5 in each of the four categories.

Saiful Islam

Jul 4, 2017
That's unfortunately incorrect. Just because the university accepts your language test scores doesn't mean CIC will. We see plenty of refusals here for language abilities where the school has accepted the student but CIC won't approve the visa. If you have any individual scores that are 5.5 or lower - that's definitely too low for CIC to approve the study permit. Again, you really should ensure you have at least 6.5 in each of the four categories.
Okay i understood but that is a public and very well known university in canada. I am getting upset.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay i understood but that is a public and very well known university in canada. I am getting upset.
The university doesn't matter. Universities can be more flexible than CIC since international student pay substantially higher fees and contribute more to the university's revenue than domestic students. In other words, universities are at least partially driven by revenue in who they admit to their programs. CIC can be stricter than universities since CIC wants to ensure the applicant has what it takes to succeed at that level of study. Masters programs in Canada are quite demanding and it's actually quite reasonable to expect that a student should have an IELTS score of 6.5 to be successful.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Don't be upset bro, I know visa refusals cant be very upsetting... get CAIPS notes for a better insight as to why your visa was refused, and try to work on those factors then.

I wish you all the best and hope you get your visa on your next try.

Saiful Islam

Jul 4, 2017
Don't be upset bro, I know visa refusals cant be very upsetting... get CAIPS notes for a better insight as to why your visa was refused, and try to work on those factors then.

I wish you all the best and hope you get your visa on your next try.
Thank you dear

Avi1999

Jul 4, 2017

you have a long study gap that is of 5 years and canada accepts of only 2 years max with relevant work exerience, only in rare cases they grant visa for people with more than 2 years gap,
hope you find it useful.

Reactions: Saiful Islam

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
you have a long study gap that is of 5 years and canada accepts of only 2 years max with relevant work exerience, only in rare cases they grant visa for people with more than 2 years gap,
hope you find it useful.
That's little bit mistaken. It is not that rare as it seems from your post. You just need valid explanation of the said gap.

Avi1999

Jul 4, 2017
That's little bit mistaken. It is not that rare as it seems from your post. You just need valid explanation of the said gap.
As i said majority of cases with gap of more than 2 years even with a valid reason don't get visa. Although sometimes cases with 3 years are still excepted by the embassy. I am saying this as i have been working in this area since 5 years.

Reactions: Saiful Islam