+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

Can i apply to extend my study permit 10 months before my visa expires? is there any time restriction to extend before than usual?

thank you.

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
You mean 10 months before your study permit expires ?

Yes you can.
Yes I mean.
In that case, i can extend whenever I decide regardless of time, right? for example, even 1 year before. thank you for information.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
kayacetinsu said:
Yes I mean.
In that case, i can extend whenever I decide regardless of time, right? for example, even 1 year before. thank you for information.
As far as I know, yes.

For example, if your program ends by 2020 and your passport expires in May 2019, they will grant you a SP until May 2019. So as soon as your renew your passport ( May be in 2018 ), you would apply for extension and mention that you renewed your passport because you could'nt apply til 2020 with the old one.

P.S: You do not need to apply for an extension a year before, I think 4-6 months before your SP expires is enough just to leave the doubts aside and avoid to have opened eyes on your application.

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
As far as I know, yes.

For example, if your program ends by 2020 and your passport expires in May 2019, they will grant you a SP until May 2019. So as soon as your renew your passport ( May be in 2018 ), you would apply for extension and mention that you renewed your passport because you could'nt apply til 2020 with the old one.

P.S: You do not need to apply for an extension a year before, I think 4-6 months before your SP expires is enough just to leave the doubts aside and avoid to have opened eyes on your application.
Yes, i mean i wanna avoid any trouble. Thats why i decided to apply as early as possible. But i hope they accept my application earlier than usual.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kayacetinsu said:
Hi everyone

Can i apply to extend my study permit 10 months before my visa expires? is there any time restriction to extend before than usual?

thank you.

Maximum 3 months in advance.