+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hello folks... Need your help urgently. I have been refused a study permit for the following reasons:
1.Not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

2.Not satisfied you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and
any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.... Mean while i have no family member accompanying me

3. Relationship between client and sponsor not established; no letter from sponsor stating will pay for studies; source of funds not established. Mean while i have $16,000 assistanceship and $23000 on my statement.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Star Member
May 2, 2015
I showed an assistantship letter from my institution about 16000CAD and a bank statement from my grandmother as my sponsor and also about 23000CAD. My fees for a year is about 19000for a year and a half.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
9191 said:
I showed an assistantship letter from my institution about 16000CAD and a bank statement from my grandmother as my sponsor and also about 23000CAD. My fees for a year is about 19000for a year and a half.
Well that's the problem... You show the letter from your institution which is just fine... But for your grandmother you only showed her bank statement... You didn't include any letter (notarized) were she commits to help you pay for your tuition and where she States that the money in that bank account is destined for your education...

So they must only have considered the 16,000 from your institution but they don't know that your grandmother is in fact going to be responsible for paying your expenses... You need to show them that through a letter..

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Well that's the problem... You show the letter from your institution which is just fine... But for your grandmother you only showed her bank statement... You didn't include any letter (notarized) were she commits to help you pay for your tuition and where she States that the money in that bank account is destined for your education...

So they must only have considered the 16,000 from your institution but they don't know that your grandmother is in fact going to be responsible for paying your expenses... You need to show them that through a letter..
Thanks a lot for the that. But i dont think that would be fair for them to close my application. They could have at least called for an interview or something. SO what do you suggest i do now my application is closed

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Well it is how it works... They won't call you for interview almost never... Only on certain very rare specific situations...

You have bien refused... But you know why... You can apply again correcting that and making sure you send the correct supporting documents that I told you.... And that's it.

You won't get your papers back so you might need to get everything back again...

Good luck

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Well it is how it works... They won't call you for interview almost never... Only on certain very rare specific situations...

You have bien refused... But you know why... You can apply again correcting that and making sure you send the correct supporting documents that I told you.... And that's it.

You won't get your papers back so you might need to get everything back again...

Good luck
Thank You for the insight bro. I want to know... Should the notarised letter be a normal letter? And what should it entail specifically

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
9191 said:
Thank You for the insight bro. I want to know... Should the notarised letter be a normal letter? And what should it entail specifically
Based on my experience, I submitted a normal letter of support from my friend and attached scan copy of PDC issued to me by her.

Star Member
May 2, 2015
tipsy said:
Based on my experience, I submitted a normal letter of support from my friend and attached scan copy of PDC issued to me by her.
Can i know what a PDC is. Is it the same as a statement?

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
tipsy said:

Hi Tipsy,

can i have a sample copy of your letter of support and PDC. Do I need to notarize the letter of support? please send it through this email: joeychuramoi@yahoo.com. If possible. Thanks

Star Member
May 2, 2015
joeychuramoi said:
Hi Tipsy,

can i have a sample copy of your letter of support and PDC. Do I need to notarize the letter of support? please send it through this email: joeychuramoi @ yahoo.com. If possible. Thanks
Please email me a copy too at josephmichaeloffei@gmail.com

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:

Good luck
wolfpm, i want to know whether i stand a great chance of acquiring d visa when i show the
letter of sponsorship with respect to being refused the first time based on that. Any other
relevant advise will be appreciated