n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
bb327 said:
Did any visitor from Pakistan get study permit from Los Angeles while within Canada?
u cannot use LA office unless u have US visa and r in US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can syick around until june, doing nothing, you can apply from within Canada then.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can syick around until june, doing nothing, you can apply from within Canada then.
Not a person on "VISITOR only "visa previously.

if they are at the pre-school, primary or secondary level, are on an academic exchange or a visiting student at a designated learning institution, or have completed a course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated learning institution.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp?utm_source=bitly-eng&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=generic

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Not a person on "VISITOR only "visa previously.
Uhm. Ok. Disregard that then. I'm sure I read that as of June 1st applications from within Canada wold be fine.

Note to self: PROOF READ for typos.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
do not be a grammar nazi ;)
Hey. I did mean myself as I noticed mistakes in my post. My COMM teacher is working hard at improving my English so I have no intention to dum it down.
:p

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
so, isn't still applicable to apply to LA while you are a visitor in Canada ?
if YES, so what does the following statement mean ?

The Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles accepts applications from the following:

Citizens of the USA (including Puerto Rico), St. Pierre et Miquelon and Virgin Islands (US);
Persons lawfully admitted to the USA (including Puerto Rico), St. Pierre et Miquelon and Virgin Islands (US); and
Persons who hold valid visitor status in Canada (for Study Permit applications only).

thanks