+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit with hiv positive

fredochub

Jun 20, 2020
Yep. I am in Vancouver right now. It is midnight here. Haha. and I am so glad to be here.
Yes, there is a very good chance that you would be able to get visa, given that your health is good.
Before flying to Canada, I had asked the doctors here to give me a prescription for 3 months along with medicine. I brought 3 months medicine with me because the MSP (government insurance in British Columbia) starts in around 3 months of applying. So, when I landed I straight away applied for MSP and got it within 3 months. And for TB they had given me a surveillance letter and I had to contact the hospital here. They gave me appointment and things are sorted with them. So, I would advise you to get admission in a really good university and would be good to go. But do your visa medical 4 months in advance of course start date.
how much the cost of the insurance is our insurance different from other insurance of international student or its just the same? and what else do i need to do or my requirements? thanks for the information you given to me and to our other inspiring international student that want to go there, what about after the school are we going to have a work their if possible?

OptimistPrime

Jul 25, 2020
Yep. I am in Vancouver right now. It is midnight here. Haha. and I am so glad to be here.
Yes, there is a very good chance that you would be able to get visa, given that your health is good.
Before flying to Canada, I had asked the doctors here to give me a prescription for 3 months along with medicine. I brought 3 months medicine with me because the MSP (government insurance in British Columbia) starts in around 3 months of applying. So, when I landed I straight away applied for MSP and got it within 3 months. And for TB they had given me a surveillance letter and I had to contact the hospital here. They gave me appointment and things are sorted with them. So, I would advise you to get admission in a really good university and would be good to go. But do your visa medical 4 months in advance of course start date.
What does it mean for MSP? Do you have any relatives or family in Canada? Thanks for the kindest reply.

Abby089

Nov 6, 2020
Hello,
please i need advise, i applied for study permit and i got accepted, and am going to montreal in January 2019, but the problem am hiv positive undetactable .. and i only take one pill perday.. and i do blood test once per year.. my question is.. how to choose my insurance plan? and are they gonna cover my blood test or medication.. and if not.. is there any association that help the positive foreign students?
Hii daniel do we need to sign the post test counselling form for being hiv positive

Roh_mum

Dec 10, 2020
Hi Gipps, can you share your contact details? I have a masters offer from UBC @ Vancouver, British Columbia and have similar condition... with Undetectable VL and healthy CD4. wanted to get in touch with you for your advice and guidance.. Regards/ Rohit

Roh_mum

Dec 10, 2020
Hi can anyone share some tips / advise with regards to student permit ? I am currently from Mumbai, India, undetectable and currently on ART. Hv an offer from UBC, Vancouver. Want information with regards to British Columbia and till how much cost are medicines covered? Any restriction with regards to max cap of meds during student permit ? Please revert. Rgds / Rohit

terryli

Feb 8, 2021
Hello fredo. I got my visa, although it was delayed bcz they had a doubt that I had TB. I got my passport with Visa on 22nd September 2019.
They first check your HIV status. Then they ask for another test- your CD4 and Viral Load. My viral load was undetectable and the CD4 count was 720 which is good. They also did my TB blood test which is Gamma Inteferon i guess. If your viral load and CD4 count is good. You would not have any problem with Visa. They did not ask for any private insurance. In my statement of purpose to the embassy during the Visa application, I had informed them that the university is providing with the insurance and that it covers the medicines.
HI

Can I ask you how long it took from the time you submitted all the medical results to the time you passed the medical examination.

Thank you

fredochub

Jun 20, 2020
Hello may i ask can we actually will be able to have a permanent residents if we are hiv positive? After of our course and pgwp?

Godftry

Apr 28, 2021
My course is M.Eng. Aerospace Engineering in Concordia Uni. But Now I am planning to go for M.Eng. in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering at UBC. I have received an admit in UBC too.
I also get the UBC offer, and same physical situation with you, can you share some experience with me .

Jindeeerrrr

Jan 20, 2020
Hii there did you applied for your PGWP yet. Please reply .

Jindeeerrrr

Jan 20, 2020
Yes, I got my PGWP.
Thank you for your reply. Happy to hear taht you got your PGWP .Acutally i also applied for my PGWP but i dont know much about these. Lawyers also dont know much about these.If you can share with me your any contact ,i will thankful to you. It is a request. Am really worried about everything.

ekkkk

Mar 27, 2022
Henüz sürecin içerisindeyim. Size tavsiyem, kurs başlangıç tarihinden 4-5 ay önce Vize başvurusunda bulunmanız olacaktır.
Büyükelçiliğin ART ilaç masraflarını kendim karşılamamı bekleyeceği konusunda elçilik doktoru tarafından bilgilendirildim. Çevrimiçi olarak kontrol ettim ve öğrencilerin Kanada'da kaldıkları süre boyunca özel bir sigortaya sahip olmaları gerektiği söylendi. Özel sigorta HIV ilaçlarının maliyetini kısmen karşılamaktadır.
Quebec'teki birkaç STK ile temasa geçtim ve bana uluslararası öğrencilerin sorunsuz bir şekilde onlardan ücretsiz ilaç aldıklarını söylediler.
Ben bile TLE'deyim.
Bir şeylerin yoluna girmesini bekliyorum.
3 Eylül'den sonra her şeyi öğrenecek. Ne olursa olsun, tüm davamı güncelleyeceğim. Ben umutluyum ve umarım yakında vizeme kavuşurum.

Ne zaman eğitime gitmeyi düşünüyorsun?
[/ALINTI YAPMAK]
what is stk ?

daydreamer09

Nov 3, 2021
I just recently asked Fortrust Education here in the Philippines, i think they're an agency specializing in student visa. I have not visited their office personally yet. But I'm planning somewhere in Montreal or anywhere in Quebec as long as I can afford it. Do you have any suggestions? I do hope I can start the earliest possible time next year.. What's your course by the way?

Hi, have an update to this? have you continued applying your application at Fortrust education?
Please have some insights if you disclosed your HIV Status to your agency here in the Philippines. I am also planning and have my January 2023 Intake.

dinanatuto

Nov 15, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Happy to hear taht you got your PGWP .Acutally i also applied for my PGWP but i dont know much about these. Lawyers also dont know much about these.If you can share with me your any contact ,i will thankful to you. It is a request. Am really worried about everything.
Whst are the things you submitted? Especially for your medical and medication?