File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here I disagree with you. What you said doesn't apply for me since I will be doing an application inside Canada. If you read the act of migration, there are some exceptions, and one of them is about ties in Canada. Obviously, I will be here because I am waiting for a PR. Officer will have to apply that exception because are stated on the act(it is the law), so that's why i think there is a good chance, but I don't know. That's why I am asking here. Second opinion.

• 216 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an officer shall issue a study permit to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national
    • (a) applied for it in accordance with this Part;

• (b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2 of Part 9;

• (c) meets the requirements of this Part;

• (d) meets the requirements of subsections 30(2) and (3), if they must submit to a medical examination under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act; and

• (e) has been accepted to undertake a program of study at a designated learning institution.
  • Marginal note:Exception

(2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to persons described in section 206 and paragraphs 207(c) and (d).
Only certainly people qualify to apply for a study permit from within Canada. You don't qualify to apply from within Canada since you've withdraw your refugee application. Your application must be sent to a visa office outside of Canada.

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Only certainly people qualify to apply for a study permit from within Canada. You don't qualify to apply from within Canada since you've withdraw your refugee application. Your application must be sent to a visa office outside of Canada.
Well, that wouldn't be bad. I could travel. The only thing I am concerned about leaving is being able to come back because of my little girl. Anyways I will apply next week and I will wait for an answer. Thank you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Certainly up to you whether you apply or not, but as several members have pointed out, success is questionable.