+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit while having Express entry profile

Jul 5, 2019
Hi, I am planning to apply for Study permit. I have created Express entry profile few months back and it is in pool with a score of 370.

Questions are,

1. Whether having a valid EE profile will impact study permit application. I read about dual intent, but not clear whether i need to specify my EE profile details in SoP or in the application somewhere.
2. Or is it better to withdraw my EE profile before submitting my study permit application.

Thanks in advance.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hi, I am planning to apply for Study permit. I have created Express entry profile few months back and it is in pool with a score of 370.

Questions are,

1. Whether having a valid EE profile will impact study permit application. I read about dual intent, but not clear whether i need to specify my EE profile details in SoP or in the application somewhere.
2. Or is it better to withdraw my EE profile before submitting my study permit application.

Thanks in advance.
I think it is best to withdraw it and mention it in your SOP. Recently heard someone got their study permit rejected because they submit their EE application and got refused for it. So just be honest, mention it if you submitted it already and you should be fine.

Reactions: masterstudies85

Shruti83

Feb 15, 2019

Questions are,

Thanks in advance.
Did u got ur visa?
Have u mentioned ur application number of ee profile

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Did u got ur visa?
Have u mentioned ur application number of ee profile
Hi. Just sharing :) I also had a withdrawn express entry profile (no ITA yet) when I applied for student permit. Used the same gckey account, didnt explain anything about my express entry withdrawn profile as it wasnt asked. Fortunately got approved :)

Shruti83

Feb 15, 2019
Hi my immigration agent told me to just mentioned my profile no.bcz any how it will expired in march.

So there is no harm in mentioning bcz if they find out on there own then it will be a fraud case

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi my immigration agent told me to just mentioned my profile no.bcz any how it will expired in march.

So there is no harm in mentioning bcz if they find out on there own then it will be a fraud case
Yes there is no harm in mentioning it :) Though I i dont think its a fraud case since in the application form there is no question about having an express entry profile or not. It will become a fraud case if for example you answered No to having a previous application to Canada when in fact you submitted one (application submitted after ITA). Goodluck on your app :)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Having a profile is not an issue & you dont need to withdraw it or mention it. If you were invited to apply and made an application you need to mention it.

Pradhav

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Yes i got my visa, i withdrawn my EE profile before submitting appln. Also mentioned the same in sop.
Hi
I HAVENT RECEIVED ITA AND WITHDRAWN MY EE PROFILE
AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT ,COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU MENTIONED AND REASONS YOU GAVE IN SOP

Pradhav

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Please suggest on how to make my study permit case stronger as I have withdrawn express entry profile and unemployed for 15 months

yazzy51

Jan 29, 2020
If no ITA then no need answer yes for the question if i previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

Janithahetti04

Star Member
May 17, 2020
How do you mention in SOP as strong because you withdraw EE profile and now want study permit?

I'm getting mixed answers. Has anyone got successful without mentioning in SOP?

rajni2121

Apr 6, 2022
Yes i got my visa, i withdrawn my EE profile before submitting appln. Also mentioned the same in sop.
Hi @ masterstudies85,

Could you please suggest me like I have also withdrawn the express entry profile and now I am apply for study visa. But there I need to select Yes or No for the question have you ever applied to remain or enter in cananda. So what should I do in this case? Should I select Yes as it's was just a profile as I did not received any Invite. Will it cause any visa rejection. And what you did in your case?