+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit was refused - second time

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for repeating the comments and posing as VO.
I have enough financial means to support myself for the entire time of study and even I have property in my name plus a rental property in my home country.

I am a genuine student and why would someone who has good paying job will leave and spend thousands of dollars just to come to Canada that will be stupid choice and even worst in these tiring times. I won't spend even one dollar if not for education. Canada is just like any other country.

Why would someone not leave after finishing study unless if one applies for PGW and gets approval. You sound too negative.
How old are you ?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
SOP can be an effective story telling mechanism with all of your supporting documents as proof. Rather than having the VO read random documents you can use the SOP to guide them through your history by using each document to substantiate your claims. But yes, just writing a SOP without any proof will not do much for you.

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Study permit is not a story telling application.

What if you don't get pgwp? What if you don't complete the course because you have no intention of studying? What if you don't complete your course because you run out of money.

There are many many international students who just get the visa and enter Canada and not go to school once they are in. It gives IRCC so much headache chasing them down, so they are much more strict on applications from those countries. It is usually from the same few countries.

Don't blame me for being negative. Blame your countrymen in the past making your application so difficult.
I'm with you on this one. I heard many stories of international students who don't go to their classes and working an insane amount of hours per week (maybe 60?) and getting paid under the table (cash). These students get deported when found out. And now, the applicants are having a harder time in getting approved.

Reactions: Khalid96

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
SOP should be concise and assertive. Do not even try to appease the VO because it will sound phony like most of the SOPs I have read here.

Khalid96

Jun 3, 2020
Study permit is not a story telling application.

What if you don't get pgwp? What if you don't complete the course because you have no intention of studying? What if you don't complete your course because you run out of money.

There are many many international students who just get the visa and enter Canada and not go to school once they are in. It gives IRCC so much headache chasing them down, so they are much more strict on applications from those countries. It is usually from the same few countries.

Don't blame me for being negative. Blame your countrymen in the past making your application so difficult.
I can only speak for myself not others. This is prejudice type behavior. If I don't get pgwp no problem, this is not a big deal. I am not coming to roam the streets and waste my money and time while I leave the comfort of present place. Purpose is to get education, get some experience if possible, experience a different culture and explore the beauty of new place whenever I have time. Life is too short to waste.

Reactions: trivvoxx

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I can only speak for myself not others. This is prejudice type behavior. If I don't get pgwp no problem, this is not a big deal. I am not coming to roam the streets and waste my money and time while I leave the comfort of present place. Purpose is to get education, get some experience if possible, experience a different culture and explore the beauty of new place whenever I have time. Life is too short to waste.
Put yourself into the visa officer's shoes. If you see thousands and thousands of applications from the same country, with similar background, applying to degree mill colleges, for one year certificate course, barely enough money to support themselves in Canada and having the same sort of SOP writing, same style, same phrases and probably provided by their immigration agent or copied a template from internet blogs/YouTube.

Do you think that these people are genuinely interested in studying? Or just trying to gain entry into Canada? How would they tell the difference between genuine students and non genuine students?

Obviously the visa officer would expect that you would likely continue on with a pgwp and PR, but why would they assume you can complete your studies and comply with your temporary permit conditions?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks for repeating the comments and posing as VO.
I have enough financial means to support myself for the entire time of study and even I have property in my name plus a rental property in my home country.

I am a genuine student and why would someone who has good paying job will leave and spend thousands of dollars just to come to Canada that will be stupid choice and even worst in these tiring times. I won't spend even one dollar if not for education. Canada is just like any other country.

Why would someone not leave after finishing study unless if one applies for PGW and gets approval. You sound too negative.
My suggestion, ignore comments from this profile as you will not get any solution or help. There is always a chance of getting approved based on how you explain. Based on GCMS notes, see what remarks the VO have made and see how you can improve your overall profile.

Khalid96

Jun 3, 2020
How old are you ?
Put yourself into the visa officer's shoes. If you see thousands and thousands of applications from the same country, with similar background, applying to degree mill colleges, for one year certificate course, barely enough money to support themselves in Canada and having the same sort of SOP writing, same style, same phrases and probably provided by their immigration agent or copied a template from internet blogs/YouTube.

Do you think that these people are genuinely interested in studying? Or just trying to gain entry into Canada? How would they tell the difference between genuine students and non genuine students?

Obviously the visa officer would expect that you would likely continue on with a pgwp and PR, but why would they assume you can complete your studies and comply with your temporary permit conditions?
Why are you even here on this forum??? Be positive.

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Ignorance is bliss.

It is better to be well-informed by knowing different perspectives. Don't just take it as Positive or Negative. Always assume that you can learn something from someone. In this case, @jweekend is giving valuable information on the logic behind refusals.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Why are you even here on this forum??? Be positive.
You're just trying to exploit the kindness of Canada. This kind of behaviour won't be easily tolerated in Canada, sorry to say that.

If you're a genuine student your application will be processed quickly and you don't need to "prove" anything. If only a few bad applications that get refused.

Reactions: jbdot0941

Khalid96

Jun 3, 2020
Ignorance is bliss.

It is better to be well-informed by knowing different perspectives. Don't just take it as Positive or Negative. Always assume that you can learn something from someone. In this case, @jweekend is giving valuable information on the logic behind refusals.
Info/prospective provided is definitely negative and isn't helping anyone in my opinion but telling he/she is not genuine. I know very well not everyone is genuine in their study pursuit but no one can tell that for sure who is genuine or who is not based on their location.

This is just VO opinion of someone based on their understanding of given information and proofs and standard visa regulation plus yearly student quota I suppose.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Info/prospective provided is definitely negative and isn't helping anyone in my opinion but telling he/she is not genuine. I know very well not everyone is genuine in their study pursuit but no one can tell that for sure who is genuine or who is not based on their location.

This is just VO opinion of someone based on their understanding of given information and proofs and standard visa regulation plus yearly student quota I suppose.
Yes. The visa officer look at hard evidence. Your immigration information, your financials, your educational background. Not your story telling ability in your sop. Your sop is meaningless if you don't satisfy the basic condition. Anyone can write anything in an SOP, the visa officer don't base their decision on some story without any evidence.

There are no student quota set by IRCC.

Last edited:

Khalid96

Jun 3, 2020
You're just trying to exploit the kindness of Canada. This kind of behaviour won't be easily tolerated in Canada, sorry to say that.

If you're a genuine student your application will be processed quickly and you don't need to "prove" anything. If only a few bad applications that get refused.
You are just trying to discourage to be student to apply for and pursue their studies. I don't believe every decision is to be taken as right and not free from being wrong.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
You are just trying to discourage to be student to apply for and pursue their studies. I don't believe every decision is to be taken as right and not free from being wrong.
No. I'm discouraging non genuine applicants, so that genuine applicants can get their student permit process faster and easier.

You know why it takes months from you from your country but if someone from say Australia or Germany applies for a study permit, he or she could get it in less than a week or 2. Because of so many fraud applications coming, it's makes it harder for the visa officer to process your application in a timely manner.

• Angry
Reactions: Danny1981