+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit visa was refused.

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
I’m confused there is a big difference between $8800 liquid and 38K in fixed deposits versus your other statements. $8800 in liquid is not enough. Did you include your own liquid savings account? I also noticed that you are coming from the US after pursuing another masters degree which I would have thought would have been an issue.

by liquid assets i mean to say that my fathers account has that money of $8800 CAD and I have fixed deposit(which is also similar to liquid assets, can be liquidated any time) of $38000. I mentioned in my SOP that this master's in data science would be a natural progression in my career based on my previous work and education experience.

In a nut shell I am stating that I have

$8800 CAD in my fathers bank account
$38000 CAD in my Mother's Fixed Deposit

+

$14000 CAD in my bank balance in US

I have also paid 30000 CAD out of 44000 CAD for my tuition fee and got a student GIC of $10000.

I hope this gives you more clarity.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
by liquid assets i mean to say that my fathers account has that money of $8800 CAD and I have fixed deposit(which is also similar to liquid assets, can be liquidated any time) of $38000. I mentioned in my SOP that this master's in data science would be a natural progression in my career based on my previous work and education experience.

In a nut shell I am stating that I have

$8800 CAD in my fathers bank account
$38000 CAD in my Mother's Fixed Deposit

+

$14000 CAD in my bank balance in US

I have also paid 30000 CAD out of 44000 CAD for my tuition fee and got a student GIC of $10000.

I hope this gives you more clarity.
Have you included the 14K in your account? 38K in FD are not considered like liquid accounts because many are not easily accessible like a liquid account. Would imagine that is the major issue because if the 38K was counted you should have been approved.

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
Have you included the 14K in your account? 38K in FD are not considered like liquid accounts because many are not easily accessible like a liquid account. Would imagine that is the major issue because if the 38K was counted you should have been approved.

I get your point but I thought that fixed deposits were also cash assets and I have seen some people mentioning only fixed deposits to show their finances.

What other way do you think I can show this fixed deposits as savings? Kindly suggest.

Yes, I have included $14k CAD in the application.

If they had not considered $38K CAD, shouldn't I have received a reject reason as "I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure?"

Does the reject reason which I have got also state "insufficient funds"?

Thank you for your response!

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello,

My study permit was refused today stating the following reason.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

There was no other reason specified.

I am applying from United States and I had shown my fathers bank balance of 5 lakhs and an FD amount of 20 Lakhs INR from my mother. Apart from this I had already paid my first 2 semester fee of $27300 CAD and got a GIC of $10000 CAD for living expenses. I finished my masters in US and I am currently working in US. I also showed a personal bank statement of 11000 USD which I stated in the SOP that I will contribute towards my education. I had prepared a CA statement with all these financial status which summed upto $56,000 CAD.

Experts please guide me through the process.

Thank you in advance. Kindly help. Any help would be really appreciated.
Personal assets here indicated that u do not have your own property at this stage of your life. Financial status may have been as a result that u did not not add salary statement or pay slip if i may guy instead you showed a savings acc of few months. If i where u gradually move your mum 38k into your acc. They considered the fact that u havr being working and still is not showing in your own acc but in your mum acc and u dont have a personal property to justify where ur money was. How many gap u have

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Lastly pls after going through your comments, i saw a little attack on almost every persons that tried to contribut. Your way of questioning stand to look arrogant. Pls ensure ur respond to mails nicely even when your right

Reactions: rg1993

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
Personal assets here indicated that u do not have your own property at this stage of your life. Financial status may have been as a result that u did not not add salary statement or pay slip if i may guy instead you showed a savings acc of few months. If i where u gradually move your mum 38k into your acc. They considered the fact that u havr being working and still is not showing in your own acc but in your mum acc and u dont have a personal property to justify where ur money was. How many gap u have

Hey Benjena,

Thank you for your response. I am just 24 years old so I do not own any property right now. I was able to show only my parents properties. On the financial status, wouldn't that indicate that I just bough money for this VISA purpose ? My father is a civil contractor so he does not have pay slips instead he has only work orders to shows his proof of income will that be an issue ? If i explain that in the SOP clearly will it help ? Regarding the work that I have got, it is only a contract position and I just got it recently so I have been working only for 3 months.

Thank you so much for your responses.

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
Lastly pls after going through your comments, i saw a little attack on almost every persons that tried to contribut. Your way of questioning stand to look arrogant. Pls ensure ur respond to mails nicely even when your right
I am so so Sorry I never meant to be that way. It is my way of phrasing the sentences. I will surely try to change it. Thank you for you support I didn't mean it to arrogant I am just puzzled and amused and take aback with this result which I didn't expect. My apologies.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I get your point but I thought that fixed deposits were also cash assets and I have seen some people mentioning only fixed deposits to show their finances.

What other way do you think I can show this fixed deposits as savings? Kindly suggest.

Yes, I have included $14k CAD in the application.

If they had not considered $38K CAD, shouldn't I have received a reject reason as "I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure?"

Does the reject reason which I have got also state "insufficient funds"?

Thank you for your response!
No, the rejection language is standard for financial rejections. They won't give you detailed reasons, you'll find those in your GCMS notes.

Your financials aren't making sense to me.

1. Your course fee is CAD 44000
2. You've paid CAD 30000
That leaves CAD 14K

You're showing a personal bank statement of CAD 14K. This statement shows that you went from "very low" to 14K in four months. Did you submit proof of where the money came from? Your pay slips, for example?

Now, that 14K will go to pay the remainder of the fees, so you only have 10K for living costs (the GIC). That's low for living costs for 10 months.

Yes, your father said he'll pay for your expenses. But he only has CAD 8800 in his account. IRCC doesn't expect parents to empty out their savings accounts to pay for living expenses.. how are they going to support themselves? So there isn't enough money there.

The FD may not have been considered since they are aware that FDs are like long term savings. Your parents don't have enough liquid funds, so it starts to look like you're saying they will be blowing up their lifetime savings on your education.

But more importantly,your father's savings are very low. You said you've paid 30K CAD and have a 10K GIC, but your job doesn't support this, and neither does your father's savings. Where did that CAD 40,000 come from? It doesn't add up.

You've somehow managed to pay CAD 40000 when your dad's savings are CAD 8800 and you personally didn't have the money to pay that amount.. it looks suspicious.

The inference may be that you have taken a loan to pay these fees, and therefore your financial situation isn't as straightforward as you make it out to be.

There's just something about the finances that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
No, the rejection language is standard for financial rejections. They won't give you detailed reasons, you'll find those in your GCMS notes.

Your financials aren't making sense to me.

1. Your course fee is CAD 44000
2. You've paid CAD 30000
That leaves CAD 14K

You're showing a personal bank statement of CAD 14K. This statement shows that you went from "very low" to 14K in four months. Did you submit proof of where the money came from? Your pay slips, for example?

Now, that 14K will go to pay the remainder of the fees, so you only have 10K for living costs (the GIC). That's low for living costs for 10 months.

Yes, your father said he'll pay for your expenses. But he only has CAD 8800 in his account. IRCC doesn't expect parents to empty out their savings accounts to pay for living expenses.. how are they going to support themselves? So there isn't enough money there.

The FD may not have been considered since they are aware that FDs are like long term savings. Your parents don't have enough liquid funds, so it starts to look like you're saying they will be blowing up their lifetime savings on your education.

But more importantly,your father's savings are very low. You said you've paid 30K CAD and have a 10K GIC, but your job doesn't support this, and neither does your father's savings. Where did that CAD 40,000 come from? It doesn't add up.

You've somehow managed to pay CAD 40000 when your dad's savings are CAD 8800 and you personally didn't have the money to pay that amount.. it looks suspicious.

The inference may be that you have taken a loan to pay these fees, and therefore your financial situation isn't as straightforward as you make it out to be.

There's just something about the finances that doesn't make sense.

Thank you so much for your response and the time that you have taken to do this analysis.

I totally understand how this wouldn't make sense.

Also, I forgot to mention that my father has an annual income of 8,00,000 INR which is equivalent to $15,700 CAD for which I had attached his work orders(as he is a consultant) and also his Income tax returns for the previous year. I also mentioned in my application that my mom earns 3,10,000 INR equivalent to $5,500 CAD(This is through rental income and interest amount from 4 Fixed deposits for which I didn't attach any proofs but I submitted her ITRs). Regarding the amount in my account, I had provided my employment letter and pay slips for reference.

The tuition fees that I had paid earlier was by taking out a fixed deposit and partial funds from my cousin brother(for a money that he had borrowed a few years ago).

Can you please suggest me on what changes would make it more convincing?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Your family's income doesn't support the funds you've paid.

An income of CAD 20,000 for a family of three (or more) doesn't easily lend itself to savings of 40,000 CAD even if you take into account a lower cost of living in India.

In addition, with such a low income, it doesn't make sense that your parents can support you in Canada. You're taking about a monthly income of CAD 1500 - how can they support themselves and support you as well when your costs will easily be over CAD 1000 a month? Your costs alone will be more than 75% of their entire monthly income - and that's being conservative.

Order the GCMS notes. If the officer is also wondering about the source of these funds, he will have made a note and you can address it. If it something else entirely, you'll know that as well.

Otherwise, on the face of it there is no reason for a refusal if all your funding sources are fully clear and well explained.

Reactions: canuck78

Sidbee

Nov 14, 2017
Hello Sir, my problm is my agent submit fake college offer letter, and canada ban me for 5 year, how can i apeal and how canada remove this ban? My new immigration agent said, you must do FIR against him, what should is do?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello Sir, my problm is my agent submit fake college offer letter, and canada ban me for 5 year, how can i apeal and how canada remove this ban? My new immigration agent said, you must do FIR against him, what should is do?
There's nothing you can do to remove the ban. You have to wait five years.

Reactions: canuck78

rg1993

Jun 5, 2019
Hey Guys,

thank you so much for supporting me in my re application process. I finally go the VISA approved, all the guidance that you guys provided was really very helpful and showed my light in the dark. I really appreciate all of you support and guidance. Gob bless all. Thanks,