+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Visa Delay - SDS category

Sharathkrh98

Aug 1, 2023
It's been more than 8 weeks since I got my BVL and my medical updated. Still the status is showing 'in progress'. Already submitted the IRCC webform but no response.

From India (Delhi) - SDS category
Application applied on - 12th June 2023
Biometrics - 16th June 2023
Medical Updation - 21st June 2023
No additional documents needed
Background and Eligibility - In Progress

My friend and I submitted the file together with the same profile and course but he got his PPR in just 5 days and here I am still waiting. I don't know why such a long wait.

Anyone who can relate please update me if you have anything

Last edited:

Aruna.T

Jun 19, 2021
It's been more than 8 weeks since I got my BVL and my medical updated. Still the status is showing 'in progress'. Already submitted the IRCC webform but no response.

From India (Delhi) - SDS category
Application applied on - 12th June 2023
Got BVL - 16th June 2023
Medical Updation - 21st June 2023
No additional documents needed
Background and Eligibility - In Progress

My friend and I submitted the file together with the same profile and course but he got his PPR in just 5 days and here I am still waiting. I don't know why such a long wait.

Anyone who can relate please update me if you have anything

Sharathkrh98

Aug 1, 2023
I have filled 3 webforms till now of which 2 got the same reply saying 'still under process, it will take some time' 'delay due to backlogs or more applications ' such like that.

Reactions: santosfs8788

santosfs8788

Aug 11, 2023
I have filled 3 webforms till now of which 2 got the same reply saying 'still under process, it will take some time' 'delay due to backlogs or more applications ' such like that.
Looks like webforms does not helps too much.
When the course of you guys starts?

santosfs8788

Aug 11, 2023
From what I can see in different forums , pages and topics most of the Study Visa , SDS and non-SDS , are stuck. Mainly the applications from Jun ahead.
Is there is any strike in IRCC or big holiday in the last 3 months ? Or maybe the school holidays are affecting that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
From what I can see in different forums , pages and topics most of the Study Visa , SDS and non-SDS , are stuck. Mainly the applications from Jun ahead.
Is there is any strike in IRCC or big holiday in the last 3 months ? Or maybe the school holidays are affecting that.
No strike, one holiday. The issue is sheer volume of applications coming in prior to September intake.

Sharathkrh98

Aug 1, 2023
I got a ghost update in my IRCC tracker account on 10th Aug. I don't know if they are looking through my file or something else.