+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit visa ( correspondence letter )

Ahmed Alani

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I applied on a student visa from Iraq on Feb 27/2020 at the same time I did biometric and submit my passport because I expect there will curfew, since that time till July 12/2020 received an email to do a medical exam and August/24/2020 I could do it, after that I waiting then last month I linked my application on GCkey account, Just yesterday I got a message on account correspondence letter ( Validity of your biometric information )? so what shall expect next? refusal or approval. In advance Thank you and appreciate your answers.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
A BVL (biometrics validation letter) after an AIP and passed medicals is a very good sign for approval. BVL without AIP/medical passed is a bad sign. Either way, you should get your final decision within 24 hrs of receiving BVL (unless your DLI is not on the list, I think). I really hope you are approved, good luck and keep us posted.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I applied on a student visa from Iraq on Feb 27/2020 at the same time I did biometric and submit my passport because I expect there will curfew, since that time till July 12/2020 received an email to do a medical exam and August/24/2020 I could do it, after that I waiting then last month I linked my application on GCkey account, Just yesterday I got a message on account correspondence letter ( Validity of your biometric information )? so what shall expect next? refusal or approval. In advance Thank you and appreciate your answers.
- Did you get an AIP?
- Is your university in the list of DLIs with an COVID-19 readiness plan?

Reactions: Rakibur

Ahmed Alani

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
A BVL (biometrics validation letter) after an AIP and passed medicals is a very good sign for approval. BVL without AIP/medical passed is a bad sign. Either way, you should get your final decision within 24 hrs of receiving BVL (unless your DLI is not on the list, I think). I really hope you are approved, good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks , yes my college is not on the list.

iaredi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi.
Last year I applied as you did. I will give you exact dates, hope it helps to you to compare processing times in a normal year and during covid:

Correspondence Letter (final result)August 14, 2019
Correspondence Letter (biometric)August 13, 2019
Biometrics Collection LetterJuly 5, 2019
Submission ConfirmationJuly 4, 2019
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJuly 4, 2019

As you can see, I received the final results next day from receiving the biometrics confirmation. My results were negative, and as far as I know, everything on my application was fine (demonstrated the money, the reasons why I wanted to study, I demonstrated to have a job and reasons to return to my country). It depends on the person who evaluates the application and all the information you gave: your family ties, proof of found, etc. But I wish you the best of the lucks. I would tell you that It seems that your study permit is going to be approved, but, I thought that too last year and I was rejected. So be patient, maybe you receive your results tomorrow. Please, let us know how it went =D.

Last edited:
Reactions: lanp2606 and P@1n

Ahmed Alani

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi.
Last year I applied as you did. I will give you exact dates, hope it helps to you to compare processing times in a normal year and during covid:

Correspondence Letter (final result)August 14, 2019
Correspondence Letter (biometric)August 13, 2019
Biometrics Collection LetterJuly 5, 2019
Submission ConfirmationJuly 4, 2019
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJuly 4, 2019

As you can see, I received the final results next day from receiving the biometrics confirmation. My results were negative, and as far as I know, everything on my application was fine (demonstrated the money, the reasons why I wanted to study, I demonstrated to have a job and reasons to return to my country). It depends on the person who evaluates the application and all the information you gave: your family ties, proof of found, etc. But I wish you the best of the lucks. I would tell you that It seems that your study permit is going to be approved, but, I thought that too last year and I was rejected. So be patient, maybe you receive your results tomorrow. Please, let us know how it went =D.
Hope fully , Many thanks dear I will keep posted you as far I get any update.

Ahmed Alani

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I am getting more nervous after hearing from you. I did not get API , only letter for medical exam i received from them.