+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit unexpected denial... any chances?

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
Hello comrades!
I'm new here and I want to say that it's a great forum and it's very sad i wasn't aware of it before... I would very appreciate if some of u read for what i have to say and may be give me some suggestions.

My name is Nikita Lebedev, I'm 22 years old, I'm living in Russia and I want to study in Canada but I've got several problems and therefore questions. I would like to tell about my situation so you'd have the whole picture and could give me a suggestion on my situation.

12 months ago I had several obstacles that made it impossible for me to obtain a study permit and visa on time. I got accepted in Concordia University very late – in the middle July, because I took TOEFL exam later than I had anticipated. Therefore, I received all necessary program information in late August which included the instructions for completing the C.A.Q form which was sent to me in my Concordia University package along with my Letter of Admission.

I immediately applied for both C.A.Q and a Study Permit at the same time which was an error on my part because my Study Permit application was rejected due to the C.A.Q form not being completed and approved prior to. When I received my approved and completed C.A.Q form, I once again applied for a Study Permit yet once more my request was denied due to the official Date of Enrollment having passed to obtain a Study Permit.

Finally, 2 months ago I applied for a Study Permit again. To be honest I was almost certain that I will get my Study permit... but unfortunately, yesterday I've got news that my application has been rejected, stating the reason that I won't be able to pay my educational and living expenses.

That's my story of 3 failed attempts to get a Study permit. Now I want to tell you about my case i.e. what documents etc. I had. I've been accepted in Concordia University in Montreal, for a program which length is 3 academic years. I have a CAQ for 3 years. I have about $64.000 CAD in my bank accounts (1 academic year tuition fees ~ 18000 CAD). My parents wrote sponsoring letters for me. Things that are tying me to my home country are my family (my parents, 3 sisters and my brother - all living in Russia). I don't have any criminal records.

I applied for a study permit via a travel agency. And after my visa was rejected, this travel agency's staff said me that it's probably because I don't have any visas in other countries.

Well I hope I told you all the information about my case. Now, could you tell me please, is that normal situation with this rejection? Do I have chances to get a study permit and what would be the odds of getting rejection because of my 3 visa rejections? I'm also admitted in Centennial College in Toronto for 2 year program (and I have enough money to cover all tuition and living expenses for 2 years). Would I have a chance to get a Study Permit if I apply for a study permit in about 3 months (studies are starting in winter).

I thank any of you who read this topic and I would really appreciate if some of u have any suggestions. I feel really downtrodden... I can't even think straight right now. :'(
Thank you guys!

And could someone tell me pls what SSP and CHC means? I saw these abbreviatures on this forum but i dont get what they mean...

P.S. Uh and I wanted to ask u guys one more question... Did any of u or your friends have similar problems, I mean couldn't get in Canada for 1.5 year or more? It's been one year and a half since i started my attempts in obtaining a Study Permit...

P.P.S. I won't be able to reply on any posts here until Monday, so until then.

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah the chances are always there...

DarkPassenger said:
Hello comrades!
I'm new here and I want to say that it's a great forum and it's very sad i wasn't aware of it before... I would very appreciate if some of u read for what i have to say and may be give me some suggestions.

My name is Nikita Lebedev, I'm 22 years old, I'm living in Russia and I want to study in Canada but I've got several problems and therefore questions. I would like to tell about my situation so you'd have the whole picture and could give me a suggestion on my situation.

12 months ago I had several obstacles that made it impossible for me to obtain a study permit and visa on time. I got accepted in Concordia University very late – in the middle July, because I took TOEFL exam later than I had anticipated. Therefore, I received all necessary program information in late August which included the instructions for completing the C.A.Q form which was sent to me in my Concordia University package along with my Letter of Admission.

I immediately applied for both C.A.Q and a Study Permit at the same time which was an error on my part because my Study Permit application was rejected due to the C.A.Q form not being completed and approved prior to. When I received my approved and completed C.A.Q form, I once again applied for a Study Permit yet once more my request was denied due to the official Date of Enrollment having passed to obtain a Study Permit.

Finally, 2 months ago I applied for a Study Permit again. To be honest I was almost certain that I will get my Study permit... but unfortunately, yesterday I've got news that my application has been rejected, stating the reason that I won't be able to pay my educational and living expenses.

That's my story of 3 failed attempts to get a Study permit. Now I want to tell you about my case i.e. what documents etc. I had. I've been accepted in Concordia University in Montreal, for a program which length is 3 academic years. I have a CAQ for 3 years. I have about $64.000 CAD in my bank accounts (1 academic year tuition fees ~ 18000 CAD). My parents wrote sponsoring letters for me. Things that are tying me to my home country are my family (my parents, 3 sisters and my brother - all living in Russia). I don't have any criminal records.

I applied for a study permit via a travel agency. And after my visa was rejected, this travel agency's staff said me that it's probably because I don't have any visas in other countries.

Well I hope I told you all the information about my case. Now, could you tell me please, is that normal situation with this rejection? Do I have chances to get a study permit and what would be the odds of getting rejection because of my 3 visa rejections? I'm also admitted in Centennial College in Toronto for 2 year program (and I have enough money to cover all tuition and living expenses for 2 years). Would I have a chance to get a Study Permit if I apply for a study permit in about 3 months (studies are starting in winter).

I thank any of you who read this topic and I would really appreciate if some of u have any suggestions. I feel really downtrodden... I can't even think straight right now. :'(
Thank you guys!

And could someone tell me pls what SSP and CHC means? I saw these abbreviatures on this forum but i dont get what they mean...

P.S. Uh and I wanted to ask u guys one more question... Did any of u or your friends have similar problems, I mean couldn't get in Canada for 1.5 year or more? It's been one year and a half since i started my attempts in obtaining a Study Permit...

Hey Nikita

Thanks for sharing with us. I am sorry to hear about your refusals and you know, what you have penned down tells a lot about what you've been going through. I ain;t sure i can help you a great deal but I shall share what I know and obviously can. I shall answer the question in the order you have asked.

Rejection/Refusal is normal.Many people get refused at first and then get through in second,third attempt but as you have mentioned you have been refused three times already so there must be somthing gone wrong (whatever grounds you were refused on,would be given in the refusal letters you were provided so kindly see them) - or(rather non-optional for u) - There are Approved representatives/license holders from govt. of Canada and if you really want to apply again then i would RECOMMEND THAT you must contact the one nearest you if you can afford to pay him bcoz they usually charge a particular some of money in exchange of their services. The website on you can find one for yourself is https://www.csic-scci.ca/find/

You can still get the study permit as refusal is nothing but a stamp on your passport. A kindda reminder of an unsuccesful application but too much of these does have a psychological effect not only on the prospective applicant but also on the visa officer. After all an officer is also a human being and have the tendency to prejudge after a certain failed attempts.Moreover, if one is trying again and again it rather shows desperation instead of Enthusiasm(if you know what i mean). SO DO NOT TAKE ANY RISK THIS TIME BY APPLYING THROUGH YOUR PREVIOUS MORON AGENT (man I've never come across any agent like yours making so lame excuses and telling you the bull*&^T refusal reason that u dnt have any other countries visa so being refused) NOW YOUR MATTER HAS GONE FAR TOO SERIOUS TO SEEK HELP FROM ANYONE OR EVERYONE. ITS GOT TO BE HANDLED WELL IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE CANADA SO HIRE AN AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE (THIS IS WHAT I FEEL YOU MUST DO,REST UPTO YOU)

ALSO,i know a guy who were refused two times but got the visa in the third attempt so cheer up and don't give up on it.

All the very Best
Cheers ;D

P.S - SPP is open to Indian nationals only. if ya wanna know more check this out-

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/StudentPartnersProgram_ProgrammePartenairesEtudiants-Nov09.aspx

CHC STANDS FOR CANADIAN HIGH COMMISION ;)

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
DarkPassenger said:
Hello comrades!

Thank you guys!

the reason i found here in immigration officer that may be he make a big fight with her gf or wife and that time he was looking at you papers and it shows his hyper behavior at you

but you did not loose heart........go ahead with 2 years course you selected and apply for it with same documents but do not forget to write a cover letter which wil show your family ties which will bring u back to your home land
ur back money is enough because i apply for 1 year certificate program ,,,,,fee was about 14000 for 1 year
after paying the fee i left with 15000 CAD in my bank account and did not get objection at my financial statement but he refused my visa with stating that " i wil not come back to my home land after completing my studies :eek: "
but i resubmit my application with additional documents so you must take a chance for 2 year course i hope it will work and do it urself

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi Nikita,
The canadian visa office clearly states the reason for rejection. Insufficient funds (study+living expenses)
The vo (visa officer) is concerned that you do not have enough funds in your account to cover the expenses for 3 years.

Look at this calculation: 18 000cad*3=54 000 cad.

They obviosly are concerned that your remaining 10 000 cad are not sufficient to cover all the costs over the period of 3 years.
That is clearly the problem from my point of view. I suggest you update your bank account with more funds in it , or give them some other form of acceptable proof of funds.
If you apply again, with enough money to cover your study course for 3 years or 2 years (if you choose your 2nd choice) I do not see why they should reject it.
Hope that helped.
Rado
PS Just my opinion. 10 000cad for 3 years really seems not enough to cover all housing, travel, food, book, etc expenses.

Reactions: Dragon688

earthlover

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/10
IELTS Request
Med's Request
02/08/10
Med's Done....
09/08/10
Interview........
30/07/10
Passport Req..
20/08/10
VISA ISSUED...
25/08/10
LANDED..........
08/09/10
Hi Nikita,

I am sure if u solve ur funds problem u will definately get the visa. U must show 1st year tuition + living cost in ur bank account or sources of funds in order to have sufficient funds. If u cant than go for 2yr diploma program at centennial where u have to show little less funds. U must use any CSIC cetified member to file ur case. I hav got admission in 1 pg diploma at Centennial college and just about to file my case. I guess u were running out of time in ur 1st two attempts and it was nt ur mistake its in ur destiney. Dont giveup give another try I am sure u will get it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rado said:
Hi Nikita,
The canadian visa office clearly states the reason for rejection. Insufficient funds (study+living expenses)
The vo (visa officer) is concerned that you do not have enough funds in your account to cover the expenses for 3 years.

Look at this calculation: 18 000cad*3=54 000 cad.

They obviosly are concerned that your remaining 10 000 cad are not sufficient to cover all the costs over the period of 3 years.
That is clearly the problem from my point of view. I suggest you update your bank account with more funds in it , or give them some other form of acceptable proof of funds.
If you apply again, with enough money to cover your study course for 3 years or 2 years (if you choose your 2nd choice) I do not see why they should reject it.
Hope that helped.
Rado
PS Just my opinion. 10 000cad for 3 years really seems not enough to cover all housing, travel, food, book, etc expenses.
Please note the applicant only has to prove funds for the first year tuition and one years living expenses of $10K see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf sec. 7.7

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
Hello guys!!!! Thank you very much for your replies, it really matters to me, u give me a hope=) thank u
And yes, now I will use help of immigration lawyer or immigration services... And I think I won't rush into things and will start preparing my financial documents now for winter term in Centennial college for 2 yr program. I don't wanna risk now with 3 yr program =)
The question that concerns me now is that, when I apply next time for study permit with help of an immigration lawyer, with good documents, new study program, with money that will for sure cover all my living and tuition expenses for 2 years - could those 3 visa rejections make the fourth 'ideal' case get denied for example just because a visa officer will see 3 rejections and will think 'hey, wtf i won't even look at that shit and will just come up with some lame excuse for denial'. Or these rejections can make an officer just review my case very thoroughly (which will work next time to me)?

Btw do u guys know what immigration lawyers can do? I mean I know that they can request documents on my 3 previous visa cases from Canadian embassy, to see the real picture... thus I know that they can help me build a good case... but can they do anything else? like make visa officers at least not to throw out my visa application with random excuse? Does anyone knows smth about these guys?

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
earthlover said:
Hi Nikita,

I am sure if u solve ur funds problem u will definately get the visa. U must show 1st year tuition + living cost in ur bank account or sources of funds in order to have sufficient funds. If u cant than go for 2yr diploma program at centennial where u have to show little less funds. U must use any CSIC cetified member to file ur case. I hav got admission in 1 pg diploma at Centennial college and just about to file my case. I guess u were running out of time in ur 1st two attempts and it was nt ur mistake its in ur destiney. Dont giveup give another try I am sure u will get it.
Okay, I got it... and CSIC certified member can make sure that my visa case doesn't have any omissions, etc.?

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
jeetmks said:
Dear Nikita,

what have u done in past?

and for which course u have applied?
In past? Well I studied in the University of Cinema and TV in Russia for 3 years. Then I left and decided to make it to Canada. Between my 2 attempts in 2009 and the last attempt of getting visa I was working..
I was admitted for the Film Animation program in Concordia University for 3 academic years... that's it

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
Re: yeah the chances are always there...

lovepreet said:
[/b][/u]

ALSO,i know a guy who were refused two times but got the visa in the third attempt so cheer up and don't give up on it.
Wow that gives me some hope too=) thank u)

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DarkPassenger said:
could those 3 visa rejections make the fourth 'ideal' case get denied for example just because a visa officer will see 3 rejections and will think 'hey, wtf i won't even look at that *censored word* and will just come up with some lame excuse for denial'. Or these rejections can make an officer just review my case very thoroughly (which will work next time to me)?
Hey Nikita

Don't worry just go ahead and file your case again. Believe me I have heard of far more complicated cases whereas its just three refusals in your case So i don't think visa officerz gonna Panic and shout "three reusals OMG.i've never seen anything like this before " ;D ...just make sure you seek a CSIC certified professional and present it well..

All the very best
Cheers

P.S - Don't forget to seek GOD's help too... ;)

jeetmks

Star Member
May 30, 2010
DarkPassenger said:
In past? Well I studied in the University of Cinema and TV in Russia for 3 years. Then I left and decided to make it to Canada. Between my 2 attempts in 2009 and the last attempt of getting visa I was working..
I was admitted for the Film Animation program in Concordia University for 3 academic years... that's it

Well, You have a very good and strong background of study and you are going for the related course i.e animation and media stuff, i dont know wats the problem with embassy.

your financial status seems fine too. try to apply through a good consultant, the reason they gave you was very stupid that u need a stamp from some other country on ur passport.

the only problem i can think of is that ur agents dint make a good file and applied with less and not proper documents.

Wish you a good luck.

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
Thanks guys))) that really gives me a hope that my dream will come true :D As a proverb says: "You r not the first one, you r not the last one".
I'll make it good then=) thank u guys for your help and support :)

2lovepreet
Yes, I'm hoping for God's help too :D

dmitry86

Jun 4, 2009
Hey, Nikita!

I am Russian too,
So, you need to order CAIPS notes for your last rejection. Pls, take a moment to google for it, I suppose you'll easily find what's this or just PM me for details, I will give you a contact.