+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit stamping confusion for visitor already in Canada

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
So I have ten year visit visa already issued for canada. And I have received AIP for my study permit. Based on the extended family exemption, I can enter canada. But the issue is my study permit will not be stamped on my passport but will be issued to me on the immigration desk at the airport. So if I enter as a visitor and my study permit is approved while I am inside Canada, how can I get the permit?
Or will I have to exit the country and enter again thru maybe USA or something? Just to cross immigration desk again and receive the letter?
Please help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I have ten year visit visa already issued for canada. And I have received AIP for my study permit. Based on the extended family exemption, I can enter canada. But the issue is my study permit will not be stamped on my passport but will be issued to me on the immigration desk at the airport. So if I enter as a visitor and my study permit is approved while I am inside Canada, how can I get the permit?
Or will I have to exit the country and enter again thru maybe USA or something? Just to cross immigration desk again and receive the letter?
Please help!
You have to wait and get more details about the extended family exemption unless your spouse is in Canada. Yes you need to land to get the study permit.