+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit September intake was refused

3abadi

May 6, 2018
DearAll,

I request a help from an experienced member to assist me in deciding whether to reapply again for a study permit after it has been refused today and how to address the visa officer concerns.

The reasons they mentioned for the refusal are :
1- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR , based on my immigration status.
2- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR, the length of my proposed stay in Canada .
3- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR, based on the purpose of my visit .
4- I am not satisfied that you are an intending immigrant .

My profile is as follows :
I live and work in Dubai UAE and i applied for a pre master program in linguistics at the university of manitoba and I was accepted with no conditions .
I hold a bachelor in information systems but I have been working as a translator for more than 7 years after graduation . My company is translation service provider and i have submitted a proof of their sponsorship of my studies . Moreover , i explained in the SOP the reason why I needs to take this particular course to bridge the gap between my previous studies and my experience and that I can not be admitted directly to the master program without completing the pre master course and the university of manitoba is the only university that provides a pre master program in linguistics in Canada .
Any advice please ?

Highly appreciated .

ambrosee

Mar 8, 2018
DearAll,

I request a help from an experienced member to assist me in deciding whether to reapply again for a study permit after it has been refused today and how to address the visa officer concerns.

The reasons they mentioned for the refusal are :
1- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR , based on my immigration status.
2- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR, the length of my proposed stay in Canada .
3- Subsection 216 (1) of IRPR, based on the purpose of my visit .
4- I am not satisfied that you are an intending immigrant .

My profile is as follows :
I live and work in Dubai UAE and i applied for a pre master program in linguistics at the university of manitoba and I was accepted with no conditions .
I hold a bachelor in information systems but I have been working as a translator for more than 7 years after graduation . My company is translation service provider and i have submitted a proof of their sponsorship of my studies . Moreover , i explained in the SOP the reason why I needs to take this particular course to bridge the gap between my previous studies and my experience and that I can not be admitted directly to the master program without completing the pre master course and the university of manitoba is the only university that provides a pre master program in linguistics in Canada .
Any advice please ?

Highly appreciated .
I have the same reasons in my letter. the only addition is about funds as my uncle is sponsoring me. I have checked the forum and looks like its the same letter for everybody. I am so confused how come they cant have separate letters indicating the specific reason. I was recommended to caipsgcms.com for a gcms report. Heard we can see the detailed reason there. I am also waiting. visa office Accra.