+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit ; Sept. intake (Nigeria)

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
ObinnaOkeke said:
hi! All
Any that applied for Sept intake? I did on June 22, waiting for approval on time.

When is it right to ask school for deferal should application process takes much time beyond school resumption date Sept 8 ? Advice plz
Thanks all!
I hope you get news on time but i think it would have been better to apply earlier than that. There is a Canadian embassy in Nigeria now, so it won't be processed in Accra anymore and for Nigeria its within 51 weeks or so.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
I have received my stamped passport. Approximately 7 weeks.

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legro said:
Congrat Legro.

where did u apply? which cic office process your application>?

sanzipetes

Aug 7, 2015
@ Obi I also turned in my application on the 23rd and I am get to be called for medical or notified on any new development.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
camani said:
Congrat Legro.

where did u apply? which cic office process your application>?
Nigeria, Accra processed my application.

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legro said:
Nigeria, Accra processed my application.
Nice one legro , could you please share your profiles?

please tell me something where did you take your bio metric? upfront medicals? any fees to school?

accra so fast hey 7 weeks ... nice one

i also apply online , i took bio metric in south africa,

status says passed medicals after 1 weeks. i paid first semester fees and its now 6weeks.

i am not sure which CIC office processing my applications

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
ibrobaba said:
51 weeks is too much to be logical
Yes 51 weeks on the official website seems quite too much for a study permit. But i am happy to know all will be processed in Accra.

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
legro said:
@ legro
Congrats bro. wishing you all the best. I have to have good news within this week also.
cheers

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Aidoo, looking at your name i can conclude that your are from Ghana. Lets hope you hear from them,cos it seems to me
you applied late, taking into consideration the stipulated average time on the CIC website.
But all the same,there is still hope.
Im from Ghana too and have my visa issued since April, but mine was proccessed in a different country.

RajaJohn

Aug 11, 2015
Hello,

I'm Raja. from Sri Lanka. I've applied student permit for two
times. but, my bad luck, my application was
refused by some reasons.

02) Travel History.-- I don't know what to do..

03) Family ties in canada and country of Residence.-- I don't know what to do..

04) Your employment situation--- I've been worked as Lecturer for 2
months. Can i show my employment situation where i apply next time???

Now, I'm so worried & frustrated.
Please Kindly give your suggestions ..

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
juancarlosco101 said:
@ Aidoo, looking at your name i can conclude that your are from Ghana. Lets hope you hear from them,cos it seems to me
you applied late, taking into consideration the stipulated average time on the CIC website.
But all the same,there is still hope.
Im from Ghana too and have my visa issued since April, but mine was proccessed in a different country.
@ Juancarlosco

Yes I am from Ghana and the processing time is 8 weeks and the 8th week will end this Friday - 14th, so I am hopeful to have good news. Where are you currently and which Uni.? I am going to Laval University in Quebec city and classes is beginning this month. Yes, I think i applied late but the embassy stated that for September intake it should be done in May or June. And since i will be studying in Quebec i needed to apply for CAQ - study permit for the Quebec province- so i needed to have this CAQ before applying for the SSP.

Which country processed your application? did you apply online or paper-based? if paper-based, where did you submit your application?

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidoo25 said:
@ Juancarlosco

Yes I am from Ghana and the processing time is 8 weeks and the 8th week will end this Friday - 14th, so I am hopeful to have to have good news. Where are you currently and which Uni. I am going to Laval University in Quebec city and classes is beginning this month. Yes, I think i applied late but the embassy stated that for September intake it should be done in May or June. And since i will be studying in Quebec i needed to apply for CAQ - study permit for the Quebec province- so i needed to have this CAQ before applying for the SSP.

Hey aidoo,

i also apply 22june online.

after status says passed medical i havent heard from them.

am a nigerian , i apply online from south africa , i have seen about 2 nigerians that apply online but cic in accra process their application. so am not sure which office is processing my application.

accra finalise application within 6-8 weeks .

goood luck

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidoo25 said:
@ Juancarlosco

Yes I am from Ghana and the processing time is 8 weeks and the 8th week will end this Friday - 14th, so I am hopeful to have good news. Where are you currently and which Uni.? I am going to Laval University in Quebec city and classes is beginning this month. Yes, I think i applied late but the embassy stated that for September intake it should be done in May or June. And since i will be studying in Quebec i needed to apply for CAQ - study permit for the Quebec province- so i needed to have this CAQ before applying for the SSP.

Which country processed your application? did you apply online or paper-based? if paper-based, where did you submit your application?
Oh i see,like i said im from Ghana but also holds a Mexican passport. I applied in Mexico through online and i got it approved within
one month of application.
Well i will be doing a two 2 year diploma course in ALBERTA, and my class starts later this month.

Reactions: Bethyalexa

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
camani said:
Hey aidoo,

i also apply 22june online.

after status says passed medical i havent heard from them.

am a nigerian , i apply online from south africa , i have seen about 2 nigerians that apply online but cic in accra process their application. so am not sure which office is processing my application.

accra finalise application within 6-8 weeks .

goood luck
@ Camani

Let's hope for the best because there's a good news coming our way soon. We all applied the same day and have the same status - Medicals passed. I have also not heard from cic again after this update over 2 weeks ago. This Friday will be the end of the 8 weeks, so i hope we will get a pp request soon. Our application will be processed in Accra for sure.

Good luck