+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Restoration Denied

cinnamoroll

Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone! I need an expert advice. My study permit expired last December 30, 2012. I applied for a restoration in March. I inquired about the status of my application a number of times. I was told to wait until August 29th because no decision has been made yet. I called this afternoon and was told that my application has been refused. Apparently, a letter had been sent to me on July 11 that I didn't receive. The CIC representative told me that I have to go back home and re-apply from my home country when I have proof that I will take courses ON CAMPUS. I went to my faculty earlier and they said that's done. They can write me a letter proving that I will be taking courses ON CAMPUS.

Personally, I am really hoping that I can re-apply here in Canada. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do? Please help.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Hello, I am really sorry your application to have your status restored was refused :(. What is the reason CIC provided for the rejection? Were your studies done online?

cinnamoroll

Aug 14, 2013
Nope I am here in Canada. I just did Distance Education courses last winter term because I am waiting for the restoration of my study permit and it says in their website that I can only do Distance Education courses if I don't have a valid study permit. I could actually take ON CAMPUS courses and I badly wanted to but I don't want to break the immigration's rules.

The CIC representative told me over the phone that they need proof that I will be studying ON CAMPUS this fall.

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
That's a sad story. Did you apply online for the restoration? Maybe you should appeal or re-apply since your school is willing to give you a letter. I have a similar case but not exactly as yours. Hoping to get a positive response. Good luck

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should approach a good Immigration lawyer in Canada. Moving back home and applying from there, chances seems to be quite less than being here and applying. Now, when you appeal, you might get deportation orders too! but then these lawyers, that's what their job is, they take care of it all.

Was just wondering what landed you into this situation? did you not complete your program as per schedule or did you drop one of the semesters or did you fail? or perhaps you changed your program?

Though it's long gone now, but students or people on PGWP, should be careful about renewing (extension) of their permits. These days, CIC isn't really inclined towards extending permits.

Wish you best of luck!

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Hi Sabby, What do you suggest I do in this situation? Here's my story

I applied for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on June 17th 2013 and the application was refused because the transcript I submitted did not show that my grades had been granted.

Somehow, I missed an email from school that asked everyone to apply to graduate. I had thought that after completing my diploma, the grades would automatically be granted. I proceeded to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit thinking my transcript was complete. By the time I received the refusal for my application on August 7th 2013, my study permit had expired a week earlier which lead to my loss of status. My study permit expired while I was waiting for a response on my application.

Got a refusal letter from CIC asking me to restore my status within 90days. I was asked to pay $200 for restoration, $150 for work permit and $125 for study permit= $475 total.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

1. You studied illegaly because during the processing of restoration of status, you studied through distance learning.
You don't need study permit for distance learning when you're not PHYSICALLY present in Canada.

You need to leave the country as soon as possible.
Nothing can be done now when you're out of status.
Stay illegally now will make your future chances for permit slim to none.

Good Luck

cinnamoroll

Aug 14, 2013
Hi everyone! Just for the benefit of everyone, I am posting an update about my case. I WON THE APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!! They gave me a new study permit.

For all the people who left negative comments here while I was going through hell, suck it! Next time, if you don't have anything good to say and you will just be negative, don't say anything at all.

SIDE NOTE: My lawyer is really good and trustworthy. You can message me about his contact info if you are interested. :)

raman0049

Oct 29, 2014
cinnamoroll said:
Hi everyone! Just for the benefit of everyone, I am posting an update about my case. I WON THE APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!! They gave me a new study permit.

For all the people who left negative comments here while I was going through hell, suck it! Next time, if you don't have anything good to say and you will just be negative, don't say anything at all.

YOUR inbox is full send me contact details of your lawyer as I want to consult for my refusal case

SIDE NOTE: My lawyer is really good and trustworthy. You can message me about his contact info if you are interested. :)

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cinnamoroll said:

oops, I guess someone did suggest you approaching a good immigration lawyer though. anyway it's good to hear about your status being restored.

Cheers!

Dafe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
cinnamoroll said:

congrats
I always tell people never to give up in life. Delay ain't denial and indeed God proved himself again. congrats once again and stay focused
#limits to your abilities is where you set them!!!

vrp801

Nov 2, 2014
Hi guys. I'm in the same boat. My passport expired around the same time as my study permit. I applied for both and CIC was asking for a new passport and the Indian embassy was asking for a valid study permit. I got several extensions from CIC while I waited for my passport and when I tried to submit my last request letter for an extension, the CIC page was having technical difficulties and I was getting error messages. I finally got my passport and I emailed the Ottawa office and Questions@cic.gc.ca and didn't get a reply other than it was being directed to the appropriate office. I was waiting for the reply so I didn't apply for a restoration and now I don't know what I should do because I want to continue to study here for my masters. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

Please share your lawyer contact details on this forum or incase of privacy concern please email to:

info underscore kadian attherate yahoo dot com (no spaces at all).

The server has notified that your inbox is full and cannot accept any more messages.

cinnamoroll said:

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to indicate: CINNAMOROLL was the the intended recipient of the trailing message.

stephyclare

Mar 23, 2015
cinnamoroll said:

Hi Please can i get the contact number of your lawyer please. I am too trying to restore my study permit