+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Requirements - Work Experience

oceanbuff

May 26, 2015
Hi. Can anyone help me please?

I am about to be approved by a DLI and trying to familiarize myself with the Study Permit Application and saw on the form about work experiences for the past 5 years. Will CIC require any Certificate of Employment from my past employers?

I need to know this so I can include them in my preparations for the documents needed.

Thank you guys for your time.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi oceanbuff,

No, they won't.

- Doda.

Mackowhacko

May 25, 2015
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hey Doda, are you sure that they wouldn't ask for any document to back up the details provided in the study permit? I read in earlier posts that VO checks why were you having a gap for so many years and if you have any documents to support that.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If they ask for any documents you should provided them...

But initially there is no need to attach that to your application... But if you want to there is no problem...

venky7x7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BANGALORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
Hi sir, I have 2 years gap ....i have no work experience but I took training in various software courses related to electrical which is my discipline in btech. I am going to keep those training certificates ..will it have any effect on my visa???

Mackowhacko

May 25, 2015
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hey Venky, according to what I have read and know, you should first write your study plan/or statement of purpose, explaining your educational qualification, the importance of the discipline, why you had a gap of two years and what did you do in that two years, and the documents supporting the same. If you show your certificates of training, it will be clearly mentioned on those documents the dates of your joining the training program and how long it lasted.

Put yourself in the shoes of visa officer and think if the package you are sending is a genuine and a convincing application package !

Hope this helps. :)

venky7x7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BANGALORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
thanks for ur reply friend. i already prepared an sop regarding this, but my main concern is my pr application is already under process as a dependent in my fathers pr application. SO i took training in various software courses instead of going for job. I wrote sop accordingly to it but i dont know how the VO feels knowing that my PR application is under process . I dont wanted to waste my time waiting for PR. so i am applying for study permit. Do u have any idea regarding my case?

oceanbuff

May 26, 2015
Thank you guys for the reply. I have questions though and I hope you can help me.

1. I cannot see the requirement of SOP (Statement of Purpose) in the application, is it something that you voluntarily submit to them and include in your application or is that a requirement depending on the origin or country you are applying from?

2. For the proof of funds, can I use other account documents like Central Provident Fund (updated for the last 4 mos.) of my husband together with his affidavit of support? Do you think they will consider the CPF account?

3. Do you have any idea about the documents that I should submit if I include my husband and daughter with me in the Study Permit application? Will they require certificate of employment of my husband etc?

Thank you so much for your time and I really appreciate your inputs regarding my concerns.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
oceanbuff said:
Thank you guys for the reply. I have questions though and I hope you can help me.

1. I cannot see the requirement of SOP (Statement of Purpose) in the application, is it something that you voluntarily submit to them and include in your application or is that a requirement depending on the origin or country you are applying from?

2. For the proof of funds, can I use other account documents like Central Provident Fund (updated for the last 4 mos.) of my husband together with his affidavit of support? Do you think they will consider the CPF account?

3. Do you have any idea about the documents that I should submit if I include my husband and daughter with me in the Study Permit application? Will they require certificate of employment of my husband etc?

Thank you so much for your time and I really appreciate your inputs regarding my concerns.

1.- Yes a SOP is not required... many people like sending their SOP since it allows them to explain especfific situations to visa officers.... If you dont send one it is okay.. no worries at all.... In my case I sent a 40 words kind of SOP but really meant nothing.... there is not a real need for that.

2.- anything you have is great as long as you meet the minimun requirements for supporting yourself there..

3.- whats is asked on your application package..... You are allowed to include almost any documents along with your application.... So what ever works for you...

oceanbuff

May 26, 2015
Thank you very much for your reply guys, at least I was enlightened since I have been seeing SOP mentioned on the thread.

Another thing is bothering me though, my husband recently applied (September last year) for skilled worker category (by mail) and we received the letter from CIC (March 2015) saying that his NOC has reached the cap and was advised that he is no longer eligible. All our documents were returned. They suggested him to apply for Express Entry instead since that is the new rule starting Jan 2015. On the other hand, I decided that I just apply for Study Permit now (as another diploma might help me re-enter the corporate world after 5 years of being a housewife regardless where we want to settle, let's say here or abroad) and forget about the Express Entry application.

Do you think they have an issue if someone applying for study permit has a recent history of applying as immigrant?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
They might have an issue with it since you have showed you have intentions of settling in Canada permanently... IN this case a strong sop will work really great for you... You should explain to them why have you been trying to go to canada, but since you have been denied you only want to study there... Bla Bla Bla... Since you are married that is good for you for showing strong home ties...

oceanbuff

May 26, 2015
Thanks a lot for your opinion on that. :)

I plan to bring my husband and daughter with me on the application, the fund aspect I already know how much I have to bring like tuition + 10,000 (for myself) + 4,000 (adult dependent) + 3,000 (minor dependent) + airfares.

Do you think they will have issues if they come with me while I study?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Not at all since they give you this option... Just have to show you have enough money for that... That's it

jeunsoke

Feb 25, 2015
oceanbuff said:
Thanks, you've been very helpful. Guys, good luck to us who haven't gotten the Study Permit. :)
@ ocean buff. I am also applying for study permit and wants to apply for family accompany.
Please, will like to learn from you regarding the application. Kindly let us connect via watsapp.+2348033784301.