+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit renewal refused India

Nov 23, 2011
Hi,
Folks
I have been refused to get my study permit renewal and re-entry visa.I have submitted all the required documents. I stayed in canada for almost 3 and half years. I had to return to india due my mother's illness. My study permit was valid till 30 march 2013 and I applied for study permit renewal before the expiry date. I would like to know what are the best suggestion to re apply. I have my last semester from 6 may 2013. Please let me know ,best suggestions will help me.

Thank You
Yasar

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
any poor academic records?
how long your stay was in india?
did you apply for PR ??
any tuition fees issue with your college?

tiger007

Champion Member
yasarbingursain said:
Hi,
Folks
I have been refused to get my study permit renewal and re-entry visa.I have submitted all the required documents. I stayed in canada for almost 3 and half years. I had to return to india due my mother's illness. My study permit was valid till 30 march 2013 and I applied for study permit renewal before the expiry date. I would like to know what are the best suggestion to re apply. I have my last semester from 6 may 2013. Please let me know ,best suggestions will help me.

Thank You
Yasar
Hi,

For citizens of countries which require TRV (includes India), a study permit+ a valid TRV (single entry or multiple entry if you travel outside Canada during that time for more than once and return) is required by law. Without a valid study permit+ TRV, legally as a citizen of India, you are not allowed to re-enter Canada. Once inside Canada, then doesn't matter if TRV expires...as long as your study permit is valid and you remain inside Canada, maintaining the legal status that of a student.

Saying this, you should have made sure to extend your study permit and should have applied for a multiple entry TRV before leaving Canada (with the help of international student's department of your University/college). And at same time, you should have made sure, that you return to Canada before the expiry of S.P and TRV. Because, once in India, unlike other developed nations, getting S.P+ TRV reissued can be a very difficult task here.

There is another forum member from India, who is facing similar problem, just last semester left... made the mistake of coming back to India without applying for extension for a valid multiple entry TRV... and now that member's TRV has expired. Even though, that member has valid S.P, still can't get TRV reissued. Faced rejection twice! That member has applied for GCMS notes, to find out the exact reasons for refusal. Honestly, for cases like this... chances are low of getting your S.P and/or TRV reissued here in India, where every applicant is by default seen as a non bonafide student.

Your best bet will be to apply for GSMC notes, and try to apply for 2nd time, by correcting on the mistakes/reasons mentioned for refusal. Additionally You may request your college/University (by explaining your situation) to issue you a letter addressed to CHC, stating you are a bonafide student of that educational institute for past 3.5 years, only 1 semester left..and due to personal reasons you had to rush back to India..and request the CHC to consider your case and re issue you study permit + valid TRV.. and attach that letter with your re-application package. If that doesn't work out... 2nd option will be to go to U.S on a tourist visa (again lots of formalities, interview... long tedious process to get U.S visitor visa) and then apply for extension of study permit+ TRV in a Canadian consulate there in U.S. If that also fails, then you may have to appoint a good Canadian immigration lawyer and take up the case legally (a long and very expensive affair)... and finally..if for some unfortunate reason that also fails..you will have to give up your studies/withdraw from your course... having wasted money and precious time... a big blow to your career/ academic record... And then..perhaps start-over again in India or some other country... I'm sorry... but these are some of the realistic scenarios you may face... As simple ignorance/ not being aware of the rules (or norms in different countries)... can often lead to catastrophic consequences...

Hope everything works out for you.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Nov 23, 2011
@ tiger007
Thanks for your advice .I will apply for GSMC notes, and try to apply for 2nd time, by correcting on the mistakes/reasons mentioned for refusal. As well as request my college/University to issue you a letter addressed to CHC, stating that i am bonafide student. I even asked my teacher , my work place and a family friends reference letter.I hope for best.

one more question what do you think , If i go to uae and apply from there? Would do you say.

@KEM
My academics i need only to do general education graduate, i have finished my major courses with 3.2 g.p.a out of 4.0
I am here from jan 2013 . can't help it as emergencies aren't predictable. It was to happen . Right now will try my best .

Thank You guys.really appreciate it.

tiger007

Champion Member
yasarbingursain said:
one more question what do you think , If i go to uae and apply from there? Would do you say.
Hi,

Yeah You can give it a try for the 3rd time. Going to UAE will be much faster and cheaper. If not..there..only then go to U.S.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
By the way, how much time are you requesting the extension for? Only ask for the amount of time you need. They probably suspect you will apply to immigrate if you return.