+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejection

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Ill chime in with others. Doing a HR course from a foreign land definitely does not make sense as they are mostly country specific (apart from the management principals of course).
People have applied for and successfully got JD in Canada and nothing is as specific as law...

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks .... I have education loan to take care of tuition fees :) I and my parents are funding the rest of the expenses.
I want to know that changing from 1yr HRM course to 2 yr Global Business Management course will impact the application?
Is the GBM course a Master's program at a university? Then you have a shot at approval, if all other factors are met.
Is GBM course a post-graduate program at a private college? Then, your chances of another rejection is high.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi.. I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008. My ages is 36 and I am single. My selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received acceptance for the same. I want to know if my visa application can still get rejected?

Hello ... I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008.
If you have done a masters program then a global managem
Thanks .... I have education loan to take care of tuition fees :) I and my parents are funding the rest of the expenses.
I want to know that changing from 1yr HRM course to 2 yr Global Business Management course will impact the application?
Yes it will impact your application as you have a masters and are taking a global business management course. Global business management is generic. The officer will want to know why you need to spend thousands of dollars on this Canadian program when you can take “global management” anywhere.

Nancy Saini

Nov 27, 2019
I thin
Hello, my Canadian Study permit was rejected today for HRM 1 years course stating in Sep on the grounds:
1. Previous education/ employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program in Canada at this point in time is reasonable.
2. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

I am working as an HR Professional for 8 years now and I applied for HRM course in Canada. I understand the program I selected was incorrect and hence have applied for the Global Business Management 2 year course in Canada and have received offer from a college in Canada for the same. My IELTS score is 8.5

I want to know what are the chances of my visa application rejection this time and how can I improve my application?
If you already did Master in your home country then i think you should not apply for any diploma or certificate program in HRM. You should check and apply PHD and all programs for high chances of Visa.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Yes it will impact your application as you have a masters and are taking a global business management course. Global business management is generic. The officer will want to know why you need to spend thousands of dollars on this Canadian program when you can take “global management” anywhere.
If wonder if getting an ECA from WES that 'downgrades' the masters credential to a diploma would be beneficial to people like OP...

Nancy Saini

Nov 27, 2019
For which college or universities you have applied for Global Business Management?
As I am also looking for Courses related with HRM as I am having an exp in HRM around 7+
@Canada Study Visa -Can you please suggest me? Which one is better HRM or GBM or IBM?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm no expert of the subject, but I've read a lot about receiving funds from parents when you're 30+ old. It is not well seen by immigration officers. I am 32 and applied for a study permit (still in process). I did received a couple of bucks from my parents to help me out, but I placed them in a bank account and waited four months with that money there to declare it as old savings, not as "parents funding". Just a tip, hope it helps.