+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejection

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
Hello, my Canadian Study permit was rejected today for HRM 1 years course stating in Sep on the grounds:
1. Previous education/ employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program in Canada at this point in time is reasonable.
2. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

I am working as an HR Professional for 8 years now and I applied for HRM course in Canada. I understand the program I selected was incorrect and hence have applied for the Global Business Management 2 year course in Canada and have received offer from a college in Canada for the same. My IELTS score is 8.5

I want to know what are the chances of my visa application rejection this time and how can I improve my application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IF you are an HR professional then how does taking a Canadian course is HR focusing on Canadian practices help your career. Now how does this ”new“ program help your career if you are in HR. Chances of rejection still high.

Reactions: Canada Study Visa

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hello, my Canadian Study permit was rejected today for HRM 1 years course stating in Sep on the grounds:
1. Previous education/ employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program in Canada at this point in time is reasonable.
2. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

I am working as an HR Professional for 8 years now and I applied for HRM course in Canada. I understand the program I selected was incorrect and hence have applied for the Global Business Management 2 year course in Canada and have received offer from a college in Canada for the same. My IELTS score is 8.5

I want to know what are the chances of my visa application rejection this time and how can I improve my application?
What is your educational background? Bachelor's degree in HRM?
Age may also be a factor. If you are under 35, not married and have no children, then your application is likely to be flagged.
The other issue is: why would one travel to Canada to study Human Resource Management. It is not a sophisticated field. You really must make a case why you cannot do that course of study in your home country.

Good luck.

Reactions: Canada Study Visa

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
With 8 years of experience, you should apply for a Masters level course at a university.
ETA: An MBA (with specialization related to HR) might be your best route.
Hi... I did check for MBA but those courses are way too expensive for me, also due to the study gap (8 yrs of employment after my degree) most of the universities didn't accept my application

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Whats your educational background?

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
Age may also be a factor. If you are under 35, not married and have no children, then your application is likely to be flagged.
The other issue is: why would one travel to Canada to study Human Resource Management. It is not a sophisticated field. You really must make a case why you cannot do that course of study in your home country.

Good luck.
Hi.. I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008. My ages is 36 and I am single. My selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received acceptance for the same. I want to know if my profile can still get rejected?

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021

Good luck.
Hi.. I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008. My ages is 36 and I am single. My selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received acceptance for the same. I want to know if my visa application can still get rejected?
Whats your educational background?
Hello ... I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008.

Last edited:

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
IF you are an HR professional then how does taking a Canadian course is HR focusing on Canadian practices help your career. Now how does this ”new“ program help your career if you are in HR. Chances of rejection still high.
Hello... that's right my selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received college acceptance for the same. I want to know if my visa application can still get rejected?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi.. I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008. My ages is 36 and I am single. My selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received acceptance for the same. I want to know if my visa application can still get rejected?

Hello ... I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008.
You already have a Master's degree therefore the VO likely believes that your enrolment in a post-diploma course will do nothing to enrich you. You should enroll in a Master's or Ph.D. course if you can.

Reactions: Naturgrl

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hi.. I did my Masters in Personnel Management I 2008. My ages is 36 and I am single. My selection of HRM course was wrong hence I received visa rejection. After going through all the available options I selected Global Business Management course (to enable my future career growth in the management stream). I received acceptance for the same. I want to know if my profile can still get rejected?
If you are single, you may be viewed as a target traveller. I don't want to deceive you. It's a big issue, that can only be offset by you having a very comfortable living in your home country and/or businesses you own whose management revolves around you.
The other issue is if another individual is footing your tuition bill. The cost of graduate study for international students is quite high. Why would anyone outside your father or mother want to give up those funds (the visa officer will wonder)?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Did you ever get the notes for your rejection? Also, have you calculated how many points under Express Entry? Your IELTS is good.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

Ill chime in with others. Doing a HR course from a foreign land definitely does not make sense as they are mostly country specific (apart from the management principals of course).

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
If you are single, you may be viewed as a target traveler. I don't want to deceive you. It's a big issue, that can only be offset by you having a very comfortable living in your home country and/or businesses you own whose management revolves around you.
The other issue is if another individual is footing your tuition bill. The cost of graduate study for international students is quite high. Why would anyone outside your father or mother want to give up those funds (the visa officer will wonder)?
Thanks .... I have education loan to take care of tuition fees :) I and my parents are funding the rest of the expenses.
I want to know that changing from 1yr HRM course to 2 yr Global Business Management course will impact the application?

Reactions: Nancy Saini