+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Study permit rejection upon family ties, I am a 30 years old working mother of two with a bachelor degree of Business Admin. , how would the visa officer expect me to travel and get my MBA without my kids and husband, the older is 8 and the youngest is 4 years old.very strong bank statements in our home country’s currency.
- I have stated why as a family we need this opportunity and explained all my reasons specifically in a very strong study plan /personal statement . I have assets owned with my sisters in my home country, and My husband and I own assets shared together as well, had all the contacts attached... How else can I convince them?

Second reason, travel history, we as a family have a valid USA visa, been to the the USA 4 times, been to Europe with our eldest! And Dubai !

Third reason, visit purpose, I have a letter of acceptance with a partially scholarship from a private designated university! And paid my payment deposit and attached the receipt as well!!!

How can I address these reasons, I have attached everything! What more can I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Study permit rejection upon family ties, I am a 30 years old working mother of two with a bachelor degree of Business Admin. , how would the visa officer expect me to travel and get my MBA without my kids and husband, the older is 8 and the youngest is 4 years old.very strong bank statements in our home country’s currency.
- I have stated why as a family we need this opportunity and explained all my reasons specifically in a very strong study plan /personal statement . I have assets owned with my sisters in my home country, and My husband and I own assets shared together as well, had all the contacts attached... How else can I convince them?

Second reason, travel history, we as a family have a valid USA visa, been to the the USA 4 times, been to Europe with our eldest! And Dubai !

Third reason, visit purpose, I have a letter of acceptance with a partially scholarship from a private designated university! And paid my payment deposit and attached the receipt as well!!!

How can I address these reasons, I have attached everything! What more can I do?
Because you want to come to Canada with your entire family, IRCC has concerns you have plans to remain in Canada long term and this is your primary reason for coming to Canada to study.

What university were you planning on attending? Are you currently living in your home country or are you living outside of your home country? What proof of ties to your home country did you include as part of the application?

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Yes but by law I have the right to bring my family along, otherwise how would they expect me to study for a full 2.5 years program without having my husband and 2 daughters.

- University of Canada West. Vancouver branch, MBA plus university entrance program . It’s a private designated university, I have paid my deposit fees and included it in my application. I am awarded a partial scholarship from the university as well.
- yes I have applied from my home country, and I live there as well.
- I have included all my assets/properties, some are shared with my other three sisters, and an apartment owned with my husband. All the contracts attached and bank investments certificates between my husband’s and in our home country’s currency which can be liquidated easily to cover the rest of our stay if needed and specifically stated that in my personal statement.
- Please consider that I have a bachelor degree in business admin and I wanna study MBA, relevance rate 100%! How come they don’t see the purpose of visit?!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes but by law I have the right to bring my family along, otherwise how would they expect me to study for a full 2.5 years program without having my husband and 2 daughters.

- University of Canada West. Vancouver branch, MBA plus university entrance program . It’s a private designated university, I have paid my deposit fees and included it in my application. I am awarded a partial scholarship from the university as well.
- yes I have applied from my home country, and I live there as well.
- I have included all my assets/properties, some are shared with my other three sisters, and an apartment owned with my husband. All the contracts attached and bank investments certificates between my husband’s and in our home country’s currency which can be liquidated easily to cover the rest of our stay if needed and specifically stated that in my personal statement.
- Please consider that I have a bachelor degree in business admin and I wanna study MBA, relevance rate 100%! How come they don’t see the purpose of visit?!
You have misunderstood. You don't actually have the right by law to bring your family along. Your family can apply to accompany you - but approval is never guaranteed and there is no law stating that approval is a right.

- The school you are planning to attend in Canada is a low ranked university. Public universities in Canada have higher ranks / better reputations than private insitutions. You would be better off attending a public university - this would strengthen your application.
- It's good that you have applied from your home country.
- Property that is jointly owned with your sisters weakens your application and will likely be ignored by IRCC. It's good that you have one property that you own with your husband.
- It's because you want to bring your whole family with you and are also planning to attend a low ranked university. This makes it look like your primary purpose for coming to Canada is to immigrate and become permanent residents.

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
No I didn’t mean that they would have to accept my family, I just meant that it’s legal to bring them. And my profile fits so good with express entry or PR if I want to do it , it’s way cheaper for me but I want to study my MBA, and I aimed for this particular school because I couldn’t score in the GMAT and this is the only private school I found which can accept me without a GMAT.

Should I reapply stating my reasons for choosing this university in particular but still I haven’t addressed the family ties as still I will have to bring them along.

What would you suggest? Should I reapply putting in mind I don’t have anything else to prove, the only thing I can attach is the legal certificate that proves I am the legal guardian in my youngest sister and she lives back home.

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Apply again but dont include your family ......when you get to Canada your husband and kids can come for visiting and when they get to Canada they can change their status.Basic

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Apply again but dont include your family ......when you get to Canada your husband and kids can come for visiting and when they get to Canada they can change their status.Basic
I can’t leave my daughters, they are very young 8 and 4 years old. I am a devoted working mother... there is no way I can leave my country without my kids. It isn’t like it’s the dad who is doing it.

The only thing I can provide which i didn’t include the first time is that, I am the legal guardian of my sister, do you think such a legal document is good for proving family ties? By law I have to be back and forth to check on my youngest sister as our mother is deceased and she lives in my home country.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
my profile fits so good with express entry or PR if I want to do it , it’s way cheaper for me but I want to study my MBA
A PR has to pay less fee than an international student, can study part-time and can work full-time. It makes less sense that someone who could easily get a PR would rather opt to go by the long way of student route that too for a university that is not of a good ranking.

JustJules170

May 12, 2020
I can’t leave my daughters, they are very young 8 and 4 years old. I am a devoted working mother... there is no way I can leave my country without my kids. It isn’t like it’s the dad who is doing it.

The only thing I can provide which i didn’t include the first time is that, I am the legal guardian of my sister, do you think such a legal document is good for proving family ties? By law I have to be back and forth to check on my youngest sister as our mother is deceased and she lives in my home country.
Maybe if you humbled yourself a little and see attending university and taking your family as an opportunity not a privilege then the officers would consider your case. Choice of words in a SOP can throw the officers off. Remember, this their country, not yours and you want something from them, not visa versa.
As the other person stated, you go first and take your family after. To me that is your best option. It may not be what you want but again, humble yourself and take what is available if not stay in your country with your family.