+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection

NawafAlborani

Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

My study permit was rejected based on no evidence of leaving Canada grounds. I got accepted to York University math PhD with funding guaranteed. I am a a Yemeni citizen living in hungary. What should i do now?
What concrete things should I provide. Any help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

My study permit was rejected based on no evidence of leaving Canada grounds. I got accepted to York University math PhD with funding guaranteed. I am a a Yemeni citizen living in hungary. What should i do now?
What concrete things should I provide. Any help?
What evidence did you provide in the application to show strong ties to your home country?

Also - what is your status in Hungary?

NawafAlborani

Jun 19, 2018
What evidence did you provide in the application to show strong ties to your home country?

Also - what is your status in Hungary?
I did not provide anything. What kind of evidence i need. I studied in other places and never had to show "strong ties" except for a passport and a copy of the national Id.
I studied and currently working in Hungary with a residence permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did not provide anything. What kind of evidence i need. I studied in other places and never had to show "strong ties" except for a passport and a copy of the national Id.
I studied and currently working in Hungary with a residence permit
I would recommend you dedicate some time to reading through the International Students section of the forum. We do frequently see refusals due to lack of ties and the discussions there will give you ideas on how this can be addressed in your application.

Before you reapply, I would also very strongly recommend that you order your GCSM notes that will give you more details about your refusal reasons. It takes around 30 days for the notes to become available after they are ordered.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you been through the refugee process in Bulgaria or are you just a student. The issue is that you will have difficulty showing strong ties to Yemen given that you live in a 3rd country Also given the civil war in Yemen, it will be difficult to show that you will return after your degree given the strong ties. There will also be concerns that you will not study and will apply for asylum once you arrive. The fact that you are applying for a PhD (or masters) vs another degree should give you a better chance. As specified you really need to look into the application more. Seems like you didn't submit a complete application.

NawafAlborani

Jun 19, 2018
Have you been through the refugee process in Bulgaria or are you just a student. The issue is that you will have difficulty showing strong ties to Yemen given that you live in a 3rd country Also given the civil war in Yemen, it will be difficult to show that you will return after your degree given the strong ties. There will also be concerns that you will not study and will apply for asylum once you arrive. The fact that you are applying for a PhD (or masters) vs another degree should give you a better chance. As specified you really need to look into the application more. Seems like you didn't submit a complete application.
I am just a student and never did an asylum application. I understand their concern but I don't know what to bring forth as an evidence at this point. The only thing I can add in the next application is my parents property back in Yemen and a letter from my current job in hungary that I work there and there is a possibility (not a guarantee) to return to my position upon completion. Thats all i can do. What do you think? Should i give it another try?

Moh Alduais

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I am just a student and never did an asylum application. I understand their concern but I don't know what to bring forth as an evidence at this point. The only thing I can add in the next application is my parents property back in Yemen and a letter from my current job in hungary that I work there and there is a possibility (not a guarantee) to return to my position upon completion. Thats all i can do. What do you think? Should i give it another try?
I hope you got your visa, I am a Yemeni student too. I would love to contact you.