+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection

zkitta

May 29, 2017
Hi, I got my study permit rejected today.

I got admission into a top engineering program at University of Toronto. Have a very good academic background. (top of class, no backlogs etc). And yet my visa was rejected.

The reason stated is:
"Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans"

My background (Bachelors) is the same as my field of study and also I have been working in the same field for the past year

I had submitted all documents to the best of my knowledge.

The only caveat is that I added an additional 2 months in study duration. (the university mentioned somewhere that it is recommended to have an additional couple of months after the program ends). I suspect this might have caused the rejection.

Any chances of acceptance on the 2nd attempt?. Any advise that i need to heed while redoing my application.

The program is for September 2017. I hope there is sufficient time for everything.

P.S: I did mention in the letter of explanation that I added an additional 2 months stating the university reason and that I am not fully aware if i must do this

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Which specific course did you apply for , does it enhance your current qualification or repeat and did you include any statement on language capability ? Doubt is the extra 2 months as the cause of rejection given they would likely either tag that on or ignore the request..

zkitta

May 29, 2017
Yes, it does enhance my current qualification, I have a Bachelors of Engineering degree in Computer Science. I got admission into the Masters Computer Science program. I did not include any language capability score like TOEFL. Although I checked that I have taken a language test in the study permit. (they didn't ask to mention about the score anywhere)

zkitta

May 29, 2017
On further examination of my application, In the "field of study" column of the application, I mentioned Bachelor of Engineering. Didn't mention anything about computer science. Could this be the issue?

zkitta

May 29, 2017
Hi, it took me around 4 weeks for getting the refusal. I did the application myself and didn't take any advice. (applied in the first week of May)

larazevedo

May 30, 2017
Entendi, o meu apliquei dia 20/04 e até o momento não recebi uma resposta: O Tive ajuda da Immi-Canadá e da 3RA. Fala comigo pelo whatsapp, posso te ajudar como informações que eu recebi deles. +5585988907226

bangla_kotha

May 29, 2017
Hi, it took me around 4 weeks for getting the refusal. I did the application myself and didn't take any advice. (applied in the first week of May)
you have to apply for caips. if you have a frnd in canada then they can apply for you in $5. If not then order through caipsgcms.com