+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit rejection query

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
Hello, my Canadian Study permit was rejected today for HRM 1 years course stating in Sep on the grounds:
1. Previous education/ employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program in Canada at this point in time is reasonable.
2. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

I am working as an HR Professional for 8 years now and I applied for HRM course in Canada. I understand the program I selected was incorrect and hence have applied for the Global Business Management 2 year course in Canada and have received offer from a college in Canada for the same. My IELTS score is 8.5

I want to know what are the chances of my visa application rejection this time and how can I improve my application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, my Canadian Study permit was rejected today for HRM 1 years course stating in Sep on the grounds:
1. Previous education/ employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program in Canada at this point in time is reasonable.
2. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

I am working as an HR Professional for 8 years now and I applied for HRM course in Canada. I understand the program I selected was incorrect and hence have applied for the Global Business Management 2 year course in Canada and have received offer from a college in Canada for the same. My IELTS score is 8.5

I want to know what are the chances of my visa application rejection this time and how can I improve my application?
How will a college degree in global business management help advance current HR career in your home country?

Canada Study Visa

Jan 18, 2021
How will a college degree in global business management help advance your current HR career in your home country?
I intend to move from HR technical (individual contributor) role to a management role, hence this course (global business mgmt) offer project mgmt, leadership etc courses as part of the complete 2 yr course.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I intend to move from HR technical (individual contributor) role to a management role, hence this course (global business mgmt) offer project mgmt, leadership etc courses as part of the complete 2 yr course.
So why Canada. That is what you have to show to officers. Why spend thousands on a Canadian program? If you are moving to a management why not an MBA.

Reactions: Canada Study Visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A college degree is unlikely to be very beneficial. If you haven’t moved up to managementafter 8 years of working an MBA is what you should really be applying for.