+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection (PhD applicant) Request for help

Sep 4, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice. When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice. When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Yes you can reapply. What is your country of citizenship? Are you currently living there?

Sep 4, 2022
I am from Nepal and currently living in Korea. In such cases, will a support letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants? Could you please help me in this regard?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Nepal and currently living in Korea. In such cases, will a support letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants? Could you please help me in this regard?
A letter from your professor at the Canadian University outlining what research you will be doing, coursework etc. would be helpful. Also include, what you will do when you return to Nepal and the job opportunities available to you. Show how having a PhD will give you higher pay and more opportunities then your Korean Masters degree.

Sep 4, 2022
A letter from your professor at the Canadian University outlining what research you will be doing, coursework etc. would be helpful. Also include, what you will do when you return to Nepal and the job opportunities available to you. Show how having a PhD will give you higher pay and more opportunities then your Korean Masters degree.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I would definitely consider your points in my re-apply application. In the meantime, do you know any applicants whose study permit was approved despite such rejection reasons?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact you are living in a 3rd country is one of the major issues. This is an issue for many applicants living in a 3rd country. It is much harder to prove that you will return to your home country while living in a 3rd country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Responding to your PM:
Hi,
You have commented on my post. Thank you for your comment. I applied for my study permit from South Korea. In such a case, what can be done? Could you please suggest me how I can proceed with my re-apply application? Do you know any applicants whose study permit was approved despite such rejection reasons?

shikshashrestha said:

@canuck78
The fact you are living in a 3rd country is one of the major issues. This is an issue for many applicants living in a 3rd country. It is much harder to prove that you will return to your home country while living in a 3rd country.

As an international student you must prove that you intend to return home after your studies. The fact that you aren’t currently live in your home country makes it much harder to show that you will return to your home country.