+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejection. Kindly help with your inputs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For children study permit I had to fill out their school details but I don't know yet which school they will go to until we reach there.
I am 32 years old. The reason why uncle is sponsoring is because my husband was laid off using the pandemic and I want to continue to pursue my education to get a better job so as so get Secondary income.
Correct, you apply for study permits. In your original post, you said visitor visas. Unfortunately you need to show your own funds since you are married too. So 20% is not nearly enough to pay for $30k in tuition plus living expenses for 4 people. Again you can’t count “potential“ income. A pension will count if in liquid funds and can be used on paying for tuition tomorrow. Still think you have an issue with your program too.

sabra1989

May 11, 2017
Correct, you apply for study permits. In your original post, you said visitor visas. Unfortunately you need to show your own funds since you are married too. So 20% is not nearly enough to pay for $30k in tuition plus living expenses for 4 people. Again you can’t count “potential“ income. A pension will count if in liquid funds and can be used on paying for tuition tomorrow. Still think you have an issue with your program too.

What about the other reasons for rejection. I would agree with the finances on the last reason. Can I go for another diploma. Or I should opt for a degree.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What about the other reasons for rejection. I would agree with the finances on the last reason. Can I go for another diploma. Or I should opt for a degree.
If you have a certificate in accounting, then what makes sense for your career development in your home country. Will a degree provide you with more opportunities? If so you need even more funds for a degree. Maybe you should apply without your family to show that you are a genuine student.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
80% is from sponsor. And 20% is mine. But we also showed that husband has a pension fund of over 50,000 cad in home country
So you only have 14,000 CAD. That's not sufficient funds. So the VO was correct that you do not have sufficient and available financial resources.

Second, you're trying to use the study permit to immigrate your family to Canada. You're not applying to go for your studies. Therefore you were refused a study permit for purpose of visit.

Why do you need to bring your spouse and two children with you to study in Canada for a diploma course that you already have prior experience in? It seems to the VO that you're trying to get them to Canada under your study permit so your spouse can find work in Canada. Therefore your family ties to your home country is weak and the VO believe that you and your family will not return home after your temporary stay.

You don't have sufficient funds to cover your studies and living expenses therefore the VO refused your study permit because you would run out of money and not be able to return home.

sabra1989

May 11, 2017
So you only have 14,000 CAD. That's not sufficient funds. So the VO was correct that you do not have sufficient and available financial resources.

Second, you're trying to use the study permit to immigrate your family to Canada. You're not applying to go for your studies. Therefore you were refused a study permit for purpose of visit.

Why do you need to bring your spouse and two children with you to study in Canada for a diploma course that you already have prior experience in? It seems to the VO that you're trying to get them to Canada under your study permit so your spouse can find work in Canada. Therefore your family ties to your home country is weak and the VO believe that you and your family will not return home after your temporary stay.

You don't have sufficient funds to cover your studies and living expenses therefore the VO refused your study permit because you would run out of money and not be able to return home.

What about the other reasons. Does financial part justify to be given all the reasons?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What about the other reasons. Does financial part justify to be given all the reasons?
ALL of those are reasons. I think it's harder for you to fix the part about not enough ties in home country and the choice of study.
It sounds like you can " arrange" more fund but on top of the financial part, there are many factors that you need to address.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
What financial part? You were refused because you would not intend to leave Canada after the end of your stay. Your study permit was refused because of that.