+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected twice with same reason.

Jatayu

Sep 8, 2019
My brother secured an admit from the Lakehead University, Ontario in their Bachelor of Computer Science program starting Spring 2020 with a requirement that he must complete an English program in Fall 2019 to make up for the gap in the TOEFL scores - he secured (73) and the required TOEFL score (80).

Here are the details of his application:

10th standard 66.40%
Diploma in Computer Engineering 68% aggregate. (Instead of 12th standard)
TOEFL 73 (17R, 13L, 23S, 20W)
Paid 1st Semester fees ($12k CAD)
Sponsorship letter from Parents (Mumbai) and Sister (working in US)
Parent's liquid assets ($68k CAD) and properties ($85k CAD). Total $150k CAD.
Sister's liquid assets. Total $150k CAD.

In the first attempt, we did not provide Parent's assets and 1st Semester fees. We provided the rest of the details above.

In the second attempt, we provided everything above, but we did not provide 2nd Semester fees and GIC. We included a letter of explanation and statement of purpose.

1. Should we give IELTS? What score should we target?
2. Should we go through SDS?
3. Should we get the CAIPS?
4. Should we go to a consultant?
5. Do you think there is a chance for a third time acceptance? Have you come across someone who has received an acceptance the third time?

What do you think we should do next?

Thanks!

Reason for rejection, both times:
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
1. Should we give IELTS? What score should we target?
Depends on your brother's capability. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in each language skill: listening, reading, writing and speaking
2. Should we go through SDS?
Your call.
3. Should we get the CAIPS?
Again your call. If you want to see the details of the Visa Officers notes regarding the refusal then do so.
4. Should we go to a consultant?
Your call. Why bother if you already applied twice, you know the process. If you have money to burn then do so. They might know how to prepare your brother or the documents needed.
5. Do you think there is a chance for a third time acceptance? Have you come across someone who has received an acceptance the third time?
What do you think we should do next?
No harm in trying. But I strongly believe before you do so, you need to address the reasons why your brother was rejected FIRST!
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
>> You should meet the required score (TOEFL score (80)). Some who took IELTS were also denied because they did not meet the required score of 6 on all bands (L,W,S,R).

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.s
>>The visa officer might be suspicious because the financial assets available to your brother is so big (300K CAD) that it looks there is a big need for him to study in Canada. How old is your brother?
>> If you reapply, it shows that you guys do not have other options and really really really want him to study in Canada.

Reactions: Jatayu

Jatayu

Sep 8, 2019
Depends on your brother's capability. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in each language skill: listening, reading, writing and speaking

Your call.

Again your call. If you want to see the details of the Visa Officers notes regarding the refusal then do so.

Your call. Why bother if you already applied twice, you know the process. If you have money to burn then do so. They might know how to prepare your brother or the documents needed.

No harm in trying. But I strongly believe before you do so, you need to address the reasons why your brother was rejected FIRST!
>> You should meet the required score (TOEFL score (80)). Some who took IELTS were also denied because they did not meet the required score of 6 on all bands (L,W,S,R).

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.s
>>The visa officer might be suspicious because the financial assets available to your brother is so big (300K CAD) that it looks there is a big need for him to study in Canada. How old is your brother?
>> If you reapply, it shows that you guys do not have other options and really really really want him to study in Canada.
He is 18 years old