+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected need suggestions " Family ties in Canada and your home country "

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
My study permit was rejected with above reason.

In GCMS notes they have stated that Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. For the reason above I have refused this application.

I have mentioned that my mother has applied for PR in 2012 and got rejected. I was dependent under her file and minor at that time.

I did mentioned those home ties in my SOP :-
●The foremost one is India being a growing economy, there are plenty of opportunities for me to
seek growth in the Industrial automation, Pharmaceuticals sectors, Oil and Gas sectors.
● Secondly, my family is well-settled in India and all the immovable property of my family is
situated in India which makes my ties to my home country profound.
● Also, being an elder son and brother, I have a responsibility towards my parents as well as my
younger sister. I have to support my sister to pursue her dreams and have to take care of my
parents during their old age.
The above-mentioned reasons for my return to India show that I have no valid interest or
motive to stay for a longer duration than my education period in Canada.

Actually my uncle and aunt lives there in Canada and they are citizens but none of my parents or brother & sisters ( Blood to Blood) lives there.

How to fix this reason my next application ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can't change the fact that your aunt and uncle are citizens, which gives you an incentive to remain in Canada. What course did you apply for?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Please post your previous education, experience, age and future study plan in Canada.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
My study permit was rejected with above reason.

In GCMS notes they have stated that Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. For the reason above I have refused this application.

I have mentioned that my mother has applied for PR in 2012 and got rejected. I was dependent under her file and minor at that time.

I did mentioned those home ties in my SOP :-
●The foremost one is India being a growing economy, there are plenty of opportunities for me to
seek growth in the Industrial automation, Pharmaceuticals sectors, Oil and Gas sectors.
● Secondly, my family is well-settled in India and all the immovable property of my family is
situated in India which makes my ties to my home country profound.
● Also, being an elder son and brother, I have a responsibility towards my parents as well as my
younger sister. I have to support my sister to pursue her dreams and have to take care of my
parents during their old age.
The above-mentioned reasons for my return to India show that I have no valid interest or
motive to stay for a longer duration than my education period in Canada.

Actually my uncle and aunt lives there in Canada and they are citizens but none of my parents or brother & sisters ( Blood to Blood) lives there.

How to fix this reason my next application ?
Why do you need to spend thousands of dollars and travel halfway across the world to get to canada to study? Why can't you do it in your home country, which would be cheaper and as the visa officer rightly pointed out, the incentives to stay in Canada outweigh the ties to your country.

Reactions: Naturgrl