Study Permit Rejected for Sep 2019 Intake. Mount Allison University

Omerm123

May 27, 2019
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
Hello everyone this is my first post in the community and unfortunately i got the email today that my study permit application has been rejected. The email i received is as follows :

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

I applied to Mount Allison Uni in Sackville,NB got admitted to the Bachelors of Arts in Economics with a 8,000$ Scholarship as well
I did my A levels and had B B C in 2014
In my O levels I had 5A* and 3As in 2013 and an IELTS score of 7,5 in 2014.

I am 23 years old now and after my A levels in 2014 I went for Bachelors in Germany but after 4 years I didn't complete my studies and dropped out returning to my country in Sep 2018. I didn't settle well in Germany from the get go due to a lack of available housing and other things. Needless to say it was a waste of my time going there.

Even tho I wrote a 5 page long SOP highlighting my academic and work achievements to date. I did prepare a solid financial statement of over 50 lac rupees, my parents properties, valuation of lands and business documents, highlighting ties to my country.

In spite of everything my application was rejected and I am wondering as to should I get my CAIPS and reapply again, in that case what are the chances of being successful the second time around. Or should I accept the rejection and try somewhere else or sometime else in the future perhaps.

Thank you for your advise

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Looks like not enough funds is your main issue. Also ielts are valid for two years and SOP should be a page or 2.

Omerm123

May 27, 2019
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
Looks like not enough funds is your main issue. Also ielts are valid for two years and SOP should be a page or 2.
Thanks for the reply.
I was exempted from IELTS because I had an A in O levels English. My SOP was long because I had to explain the reasons for not finishing my bachelor in Germany. But I will try to shorten it. And how much do you think is enough in the bank?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
I was exempted from IELTS because I had an A in O levels English. My SOP was long because I had to explain the reasons for not finishing my bachelor in Germany. But I will try to shorten it. And how much do you think is enough in the bank?
I don't think thats the rule for english test, maybe thats a university rule but doubt its same for immigration, unless you see that on ircc instructions somewhere.

Funds should be 1 year fees + 10,000 + 3-5000 CAD or so.

Reactions: Omerm123

najeb3

Mar 25, 2019
What I have heard from my Arab colleagues in university is that some Arab countries applicants (e.g Yemen, Sudan ..) need to provide high financial record in the application in the first priority. I think this could be the case for you as well. I am not sure how much you have provided in your bank statement.

Omerm123

May 27, 2019
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
What I have heard from my Arab colleagues in university is that some Arab countries applicants (e.g Yemen, Sudan ..) need to provide high financial record in the application in the first priority. I think this could be the case for you as well. I am not sure how much you have provided in your bank statement.
Thank you for the answer.
I provided a cash statement of 9,000,000 pk rupees which is equal to 80,000 CAD. Tuition and living were 34,000 CAD per year

Reactions: najeb3