+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused

Abmian

Sep 10, 2022
If you took approved leave then why are you not returning to the US to finish your studies? Beginning a new program makes no sense.
I have to apply for my f1 visa as it is expired and I personally want to continue my study in canada as for me canada is cheaper option right now and thats why i chose nova scotia as its affordable and there is personal issue for me not study in states anymore.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have to apply for my f1 visa as it is expired and I personally want to continue my study in canada as for me canada is cheaper option right now and thats why i chose nova scotia as its affordable and there is personal issue for me not study in states anymore.
Cheaper is not a reason since you have spent years in the US studying. You need better reasons to study in Canada.

varatio1

Jul 24, 2019
Your situation sounds like mine. I was an F-1 student in the US. But I transferred to Canada at 23 since it was much cheaper. In my SOP I gave reasons like I wanted to change my program (from Economics to Psychology), I got a scholarship, I wanted to become a counsellor/psychologist and I liked smaller towns/cities, which made it the right choice. That's what worked for me so maybe you could try including that your SOP + looking at the GC notes to show ties to your home country. Good luck!

Reactions: Abmian

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came back this year in January yes i took approved leave. I just visited dubai for visit and going back, not here for long term visit.
What is your home country? Are you sure you will get transfer credits if you are trying to only study for 2 years. If you get zero transfer credits you start from scratch. It is very unusual to switch countries to complete half your studies unless part of some organized exchange and that is only usually for 1 year. If you wanted to switch countries and degrees that may be more reasonable but then you would start from scratch or almost scratch.

Reactions: Abmian

Abmian

Sep 10, 2022
What is your home country? Are you sure you will get transfer credits if you are trying to only study for 2 years. If you get zero transfer credits you start from scratch. It is very unusual to switch countries to complete half your studies unless part of some organized exchange and that is only usually for 1 year. If you wanted to switch countries and degrees that may be more reasonable but then you would start from scratch or almost scratch.
Pakistan. The transfer credits are few which are transferable but im changing my degree at this point i want finish my education even if i have to start from scratch what will be good argument i can explain in my sop ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pakistan. The transfer credits are few which are transferable but im changing my degree at this point i want finish my education even if i have to start from scratch what will be good argument i can explain in my sop ?
You can say that youare no longer returning to the US because you are changing degrees. An SOP is a complicated and personal document that I can’t help you write. If you post your SOP people may be willing to post feedback.

Abmian

Sep 10, 2022
Your situation sounds like mine. I was an F-1 student in the US. But I transferred to Canada at 23 since it was much cheaper. In my SOP I gave reasons like I wanted to change my program (from Economics to Psychology), I got a scholarship, I wanted to become a counsellor/psychologist and I liked smaller towns/cities, which made it the right choice. That's what worked for me so maybe you could try including that your SOP + looking at the GC notes to show ties to your home country. Good luck!
Did you apply inside America our outside from another country?